X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard to NYPD

I am currently in the NY NG and i want to enroll for the NYPD. I do not have the 60 College Credits they ask for, but i did read on the NYPD recruiting page that i can apply with 2 years of Military service. I have been in the service for 2 years 7 months. and i have 18 months of Active Duty service. When they ask for 2 years does that have to be Active Duty, or does my 2 years in general NG service suffice? The recruiting page did not specify.

Re: Guard to NYPD

You probably need to ask the NYPD. Odd are, with 18 months AD and 11 months NG time, you should be good... unless it was all for training.

Again though, ask them.

Comment

I applied for the NYPD and was selected when I finally decided to go active as an MP. It is two years of active service as listed on your DD214.

http://www.nypdrecruit.com/benefits-...itary-benefits

Comment

I applied for the NYPD and was selected but by then I already decide to go active duty as an MP. It is 2 years of active duty service as listed on your DD 214.

A quick google search would have found your answer.

http://www.nypdrecruit.com/benefits-...itary-benefits

1. On or before the date of hire, candidates must have successfully completed either:
          • Sixty (60) college credits with a 2.0 GPA from an accredited college or university
            OR
          • Two (2) years of full-time, active military service in the United States Armed Forces with an Honorable Discharge AND have a High School Diploma or its equivalent.

Comment

[QUOTE=FaryJr;187655]I am currently in the NY NG and i want to enroll for the NYPD.[QUOTE]

"Apply"

Comment

I believe you had to submit a money order for your application fee and its non-refundable. So if they say you not qualified off the back due to your years of service, you lost your money.
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 8th, 2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

And im assuming they dont do waivers..?.

Comment

Originally posted by FaryJr View Post
                And im assuming they dont do waivers..?.
                The NYPD is not the military. It is a law enforcement (para military) agency that has strict hiring standards. Yes, subpar people have become cops but that is not the issue here. I have a friend that works as an NYPD hiring investigator and she gives me the scoop of the people that has come across her desk. If you have issues that contradict your application, you will write a memo at her desk explaining the issue. Your application moves from there. Usually the psych eval is used purposely to disqualify people based on a questionable application.

They do not do waivers.

Comment

Working...
                X