X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Guard

I have came from ait in March and it seems like i'm doing the same activities as in I did not went through no training at all. how do I get in active national guard?

Re: New to the Guard

I can sort of decipher your post.... You need to restate your question using some basic grammar rules.

Otherwise, people are going to think you are a troll based on the way you presented your question.

Comment

I would decipher the OP is disallusioned by what he anticipated life to be like after training and what actually occurs at monthly drill and, as a result, now desires to be AD Army in the hopes of his anticipations becoming reality.

Or he's a troll.

Comment

I figured as much. However, I don't have much tolerance for poor grammar, regardless of background.

This OP apparently went through a high school (or GED) program, BCT and AIT. If they have not learned the importance of correct and effective communication, then they are on the path to Forever Private.

Comment

Maybe the OP thought there would be more Staff Duty, CQ, Motor Pool, Gate Guard, Floor Mopping, Wall Painting, etc. in the NG. That's about all a lower enlisted is missing out on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
            he's a troll.
            I feel the personnel at NG Forums gets bored once in a while and creates accounts to have fun with us because some of this questions come at the most interesting times.

OP, you will experience much of the same on AD except on a daily basis You will definitely be employed.

Comment

This is a constant gripe about NG. And it's an important one to have. It's good that you didn't want to join the army to PMCS and clean. Many new privates are disappointed after the go go go experience of IET to transition to the slower tempo of drills. 2 days a month is not an easy window to fit substantial training in. The bulk of your training will come from schools, annual training, mobilization, and combat. My only advice is to volunteer yourself for every school that your readiness NCO can get you.

Comment

Working...
              X