Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of curiosity - Guard to Active Duty?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of curiosity - Guard to Active Duty?

Well, this is looking pretty far ahead, but I was wondering; if After I go to Basic and AIT and etc, what if I decide that I really like the "army life" and would like to make it more of my life than just weekends? What is the procedure/rules/limitations for trying to transfer to the Active Duty Army component? Would I have to wait until my 6 years before 2 as IRR are up?

Or is there the ability to be "active" in my home state in some way? Or would that just depend on need of the Guard, and my MOS? I also would say I "wouldn't mind" deploying, (not to say I don't have a healthy worry about it).

Again, this is quite preemptive, and based on a lot of "what ifs"... But I like to keep my options open, and be prepared for whatever to the best of my ability. (But not to say that I can't roll with the punches and adapt haha I can fly by the seat of my pants too).

Anyways, and help would be appreciated, criticism considered, and complaints ignored

Re: Out of curiosity - Guard to Active Duty?

After you complete your obligation to the National Guard, you are welcome to enlist in any other service or component for which you qualify.

Comment

This is asked at least a few times a week on here. Please use the search function.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        This is asked at least a few times a week on here. Please use the search function.
        +1. Now and days, the best option for Guard to Active is simply look at going active first.

Comment

Fair enough. Thanks anyways

Comment

Working...
          X