Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Dealing with depression and anxiety, not sure where to go from here. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with depression and anxiety, not sure where to go from here.

I have been trying to fight some really bad depression off for the past few months and I recently reached out to my family and we are trying to get help. I have dealt with depression prior to joining but it was nothing too bad. I have already been to the doctors and have been prescribed .5mg of xanax for the anxiety witch seems to help so far, still not on anything for the depression though. I feel like if I was to get called for deployment now or before i get the help that I need that I would just become a giant liability to my unit. I had no trouble making it through BCT or AIT and I have been in my unit for just over a year with everything there going good. The mass majority of my unit is going to AT next drill and I will be going with my squad to AT the month after that, so my leadership will not be there for the most part for me to go talk to and explain what is going on. I don't want to get discharged because of this, but it is past the point of being able to sweep everything under the rug and continue my normal life at this point. Oh yeah my civilian life is going completely haywire and it is what is causing all of these emotions, thoughts, lack of energy, etc. What do you think I should do from here, I just want to get things back to normal, the way they where before my mind started to play games with me.

Re: Dealing with depression and anxiety, not sure where to go from here.

Call your chaplain. Contact Army One Source. Contact your medical readiness NCO..

Comment

I had a PHA done last month and when I was going through the computer portion of the process, they asked about any mental issues going on recently, I filled that out truthfully and talked to one of the CPT's when I was being cleared and I told him what was going on, my depression seems to have almost gotten worse since I have reached out trying to get help. I will start off by calling my squad leader and going from there.

Comment

Call the State Chaplain and utilize Military One Source!!!!!!!11

Comment

Working...
        X