Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question from a Soldier transitioning out.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from a Soldier transitioning out.

Hi, I'm a 21 year old Active Army soldier, and I'm getting out of the Active component this year, Aug 2013 to be Specific. My questions are.
    When you transition from the Active Army to the NG, is there a possibly of this program I hear of that allows for a two year mobilization stabilization? As I DO NOT want to deploy to Afghanistan again as a Combat Engineer.
    Also, how does the whole switch your MOS work? Does it just go through your unit? Or can you get both in writing in your contract? 'Cause I'm not going to sign orders to transfer to the NG if I don't see those in my Contract. He said, and showed me the slot, that I could become a 25B and that that would become my primary MOS and I would be retrained, I've done my hooah hooah combat time, and I'm done with it, any thoughts form anyone who's had experience with this?

Thanks a lot from anyone who responds and I appreciate your guys' comments ahead of time.

Re: Question from a Soldier transitioning out.

Your best bet to answer all of your questions is to go see the NG Liaison now or wait until you begin your ETS process. The sooner, the better as it gives you time to make an informed decision.

Also, in terms of deploying, you may want to contact the unit that you are interested in and see what the MOB platform looks like in the coming months. I've not heard of a guaranteed 2 year mob stabilization unless your unit just came off of one... But I've seen several soldiers come over and then get picked up to MOB with their new unit.

Comment

Thanks appreciate it.

Comment

Remember you are not mandated to go into a drilling Reserve or National Guard unit upon your active ETS. You can go into the IRR and stay there until your 8-year obligation is complete.

Remember, if deployment woes are the front of your concern; then its best to not go to a drill unit; unless you can definitely get that two-year stabilization.

I am with 4ID and good luck.

Comment

I appreciate the reply! Thanks a lot. I know I don't HAVE to go guard, but I get it. Thanks!

Comment

Look, if you ETS you can join any job you want in the Guard if your ASVAB Scores warrant it and your state has vacancies.......which they will!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X