Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UICs, Paragraph/Line Numbers

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
    Will do, I'm going to contact them tomorrow as well as the BCC and I'll let you know what happens.
    DO NOT CALL THE JFHQ. That would skipping probably 4 or so levels of a chain of command and instead of getting answers, you're just going to anger people.

Work with your carreer counseor. They are going to know the units/slots and will help you out.

Comment

Going to higher with a 4187 for personnel action is a different story. Making a phone call to get a query answered is totally ok when engaging a STARC S1. I asked called and asked questions when I was an E-3/E-4 and it was no big deal. Just ask properly and within bounds.

I addressed the engaging your leadership first issue as I always do. To find out about openings and to switch to a different MOS/unit is no big deal. You can engage an NG recruiter in your state for details.

Unlike AD, where there are strict protocols to follow, you do not have the convenience of having someone available at your unit on a daily basis to engage in matters or even calling your immediate leadership will take longer than necessary.

My post is to engage an area in your state which is usually manned by full-timers that can answer your question ASAP and facilitate doing your homework so you and your leadership can work together in your goal.

Good luck.

Comment

Going to higher (or unnecessarily interacting with some NCOIC/OIC) with a 4187 for personnel action is a different story. Making a phone call to get a query answered is totally ok when engaging a STARC S1. I called and asked questions when I was an E-3/E-4 and it was no big deal. Just ask properly and within bounds. Overall, you are trying to understand a process to seek out openings to benefit your career.

I addressed the engaging your leadership first as I always do. To find out about openings and to switch to a different MOS/unit is no big deal. You can also engage an NG recruiter in your state for details since they should have knowledge of current MOS openings.

Unlike AD, where there are strict protocols to follow at times, you do not have the convenience of having someone available at your unit on a daily basis to engage in matters or even calling your immediate leadership will take longer than necessary to get a simple question answered.

My post is to engage an area in your state which is usually manned by full-timers that can answer your question ASAP and facilitate doing your homework so you and your leadership can work together in accomplishing your goal. Obviously there are other factors that are not known by the forum (e.g. caliber of Soldier and ultimate feelings by command) so my response is to provide a general answer.

Just like you orchestrated the events to accomplish your IST. Some members of the military may frown on your personal actions in accomplishing that. Point is that you did.
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; May 13th, 2013, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchpatrick View Post
          I wish I was in Signal....I'm an 'old' new soldier enlisted at 32 years old and wish received a Signal slot, I am 91B and will try to go signal when I reenlist as I would like to go Warrant...my day job is IT and I have A+ Server + MCSE 2003 & Sitting VCP next month, I feel I could be a better Signal soldier than I could a mechanic but hey that decision is not up to me, I am just saying someone would like to be in your shoes but good luck!
          I would encourage you to do so as well....I'm not at all into this IT stuff so for some it's a blast. I have a friend in the MOARNG and he love's every moment he's at drill; me not so much.

To Chief and Red you both have excellent points. I don't have the convenience of having knowledgeable sources of information at my unit. But to a certain degree there are certain offices that I know not to rouse. MILPO(in the FLARNG) in my experience is not one of those. But there are some doors I would never knock on first. In the Guard when it comes to higher ups you just have to be able to take the temperature of the hierarchy you're currently fiddling with and know who to pluck. I'll give MILPO a call still, and then go from there.

Comment

Again, good luck. BTW, the application is called FMS Web. I do not know if it has Guard force info.

https://fmsweb.fms.army.mil/unprotected/splash/

Comment

I don't have a "Security Officer? At least to my knowledge.

Looks like I won't be accomplishing anything today with MILPO or the BCC....it's "Magic Monday"!!!!

Comment

Yes, I saw that popped up for me too and I used this application a couple of years ago. I just entered the E-7 that works in my S2 that handled my TS application. When you have the chance, find out who that POC is at your S2 and get their info to fill out those fields.

Comment

My PL just informed me we don't have an S2 Officer? I didn't know they could do that....

Comment

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
                    My PL just informed me we don't have an S2 Officer? I didn't know they could do that....
                    A lot of of units have a combined S-2/3. There's most likely someone appointed by the commander to be the security officer.

Comment

Working...
                    X