X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching jobs...

So I enlisted as 11B. I want to graduate with that blue cord. Eventually though I'd like to maybe expand into another MOS along the way. I scored a 73 on my afqt and over 100's on the line scores like for instance I scored a 109 in CO and a 116 in GT. How easy is it to move between MOS's and obviously this would require attending another AIT I'd assume, so would you just as soon as army possible go to AIT again?
    Last edited by LHotkowski; May 9th, 2013, 06:22 PM.

Re: Switching jobs...

Changing MOSs or Reclassing as it is commonly called can be easy and sometimes difficult. In addition to qualifying for those MOSs there has to be space in the unit for you. The new unit you want to join must be willing to accept you, and your current commander must be willing to release you.

As far as how fast you can go to AIT depends on some factors as well. Each state is allotted a limited amount of slots into AD AIT schools every fiscal year. So there has to be a slot you can attend it, and the state pays for it so they have to be willing to front the cash. You also have to make time for it in your civilian life as well. I waited 9 months to get my second MOS just to give you some insight on how long this process can take.

Comment

Re: Switching jobs...

Great information, thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X