X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lied to get in the army?

Im in the dep as a combat engineer going airbourne. I put dermablend over 2 surgical scars on lymph node sites and had my chest scar tattooed over. Will they ever look into my med documents later down the line or should i tell then now? I kinda still want to serve...

Re: I lied to get in the army?

Originally posted by Ah64jeff View Post
    Im in the dep as a combat engineer going airbourne. I put dermablend over 2 surgical scars on lymph node sites and had my chest scar tattooed over. Will they ever look into my med documents later down the line or should i tell then now? I kinda still want to serve...
    Will they look? No...they don't have access. However, do these surgeries limit any physical activity that can be dangerous to your health or others?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
      Will they look? No...they don't have access. However, do these surgeries limit any physical activity that can be dangerous to your health or others?
      Thanks for the respond. No my surgerys were just biopsy's and the biggest scar is about a inch and a half. What do i do hen i go back to meps before boot camp or what about reception i wont have dermablend on my scar wont the mep people say something?

Comment

Dermablend? That takes some "stones"! Off the record, was this your idea or your Recruiter's?

To answer your question, it likely won't be an issue once you've made it through MEPS unless you decide to bring it up. Whatever story you ran with at MEPS, roll with it.

Comment

They didnt ask about it at meps they didnt even see it i have normal healed scars that are surgical and are hard to see by themself i put dermablend on them and dermablend dont wear off for 16 hours and its a scar concealer. Meps didnt even look were i could of ha scars they just asked me if i have them. And right so i dont need to worry about basic training?

Comment

bump?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ah64jeff View Post
              They didnt ask about it at meps they didnt even see it i have normal healed scars that are surgical and are hard to see by themself i put dermablend on them and dermablend dont wear off for 16 hours and its a scar concealer. Meps didnt even look were i could of ha scars they just asked me if i have them. And right so i dont need to worry about basic training?
              Your call OP. Did you lie and deceive? Yep. Are you the first person to conceal something like this? No. Will you decision to do so put soldiers at risk in the future? Up to you to decide. Depending on what you were hiding....

Personally, I think a lie of omission and is still a lie. And if you procedure ever flares up and costs the Army $$$ to treat (thus, taking it from somewhere else... like a battle wound), I would have a hard time with that....

Comment

No it wont ever flare up im in great shape and i just had a biopsy which isnt really anything nothing was removed either.

Comment

Just along as they dont find out the people in military.com never shut up about honor and integrity supposedly they are mad that meps let me thru and now im going to get busted for it in BCT... Like litteraly im completly fine i completed the meps physical no problem. And can run 2 miles in 11 minutes do 110 situps and 60 half assed pushups in like a minute and a half i can bench 195 38 times. And im alredy a marksman.

Comment

Im in good physcial condition and this wont be a problem. This cant flare up...

Comment

I defer to the Army values on this one - Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage

Comment

im allergic to penicillin, did i tell meps? nope

Comment

You do know a penicillin allergy isn't disqualifying at all right? I hope you have some red dog tags at least.
                          Last edited by SteveLord; May 21st, 2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

they will track your cyber finger print like they will search you medical records.......

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Sea View Post
                              im allergic to penicillin, did i tell meps? nope
                              I hope you tell somebody between now and when they put that big penicillin needle in your butt.

Honesty > Dying at reception.

Comment

Working...
                              X