X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering states to be with SO

My husband is active duty and deployed right now and I am NG in another state. When he is done with deployment we would like to be together. So my question is should I start to try to transfer states now or when he gets back and if now will they let me drill with the unit I am in until he is home?

Re: Transfering states to be with SO

You should start the process as soon as you can. You'll need to find a unit that has your rank/MOS available and make sure they'll take you. Better to get this all squared away now then to be trying to rush through it all at a later date...

Comment

If they find one will I have to drill with them as soon as they do or can I stay here until he is home and drill here?

Comment

Well, you can do the transfer whenever you like, assuming that there are no hiccups when you process it. In addition, once you find the unit and process it, you'll work with them to get your report date and what not situated.

Comment

What is a SO? Also, have you started discussing this with your chain of command?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
            What is a SO? Also, have you started discussing this with your chain of command?
            Significant Other?

Comment

Originally posted by YANG View Post
              Significant Other?
              Yep.

Comment

Wouldn't it be better if she waited til her husband redeployed? Then when her husband PCS's the family can move in one swift stroke which would probably be easier financially. I'm not saying money is necessarily an issue here, but I'm just making a point of it. But she can communicate with her chain of command now, and then when it's time to roll out she can cut her 90 days there. But some pre-emptive research wouldn't necessarily be bad I guess.

Comment

The largest problem to address is if the incoming state has a slot, or is even accepting IST and/or will accept her. If there is a slot, I would jump on it asap, as it wont be there forever.

Comment

Working...
                  X