X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any open slots? Canceled deployments?

I have been trying to find a unit to deploy with for some time. I am an engineer. If anyone knows an engineer unit deploying you can PM me or comment on this thread. Any help would be appreciated. I am already registered on tour of duty but I just haven't been picked up yet.

Also, there is a unit in my state that's suppose to be going in early 2014 that i could easily go with, but everyone is telling me its surely going to be canceled because the war is ending in 14'. After doing research I've found many units at are suppose to be deploying in 2014. So are they all going to be canceled just because there in 2014? I don't buy it. Any thoughts on whether you think 14' deployments will be canceled?

Thanks

Re: Any open slots? Canceled deployments?

Originally posted by Jonnormanwv View Post
    I have been trying to find a unit to deploy with for some time. I am an engineer. If anyone knows an engineer unit deploying you can PM me or comment on this thread. Any help would be appreciated. I am already registered on tour of duty but I just haven't been picked up yet
    You wont just "get picked up"...you have to volunteer for the individual vacancies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
      You wont just "get picked up"...you have to volunteer for the individual vacancies.
      I realize that, and have volunteered for several. I am now seeing if anyone personally knows of other units that may have vacancies.

Comment

Here is the thread I created about the possible future of NG deployments.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...ght=considered

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnormanwv View Post
          I realize that, and have volunteered for several. I am now seeing if anyone personally knows of other units that may have vacancies.
          Your best bet would be to sit down at a computer and start googling ENG units in your state that are going. And then make a polite call to their RRNCO to see if you stand a shot at going.

As for canceled 2014 deployments, its a crap shoot at this time.... No one knows how the tides will turn, whether Karzai will get smart all of a sudden or if Syria blows up.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
            Your best bet would be to sit down at a computer and start googling ENG units in your state that are going. And then make a polite call to their RRNCO to see if you stand a shot at going.

As for canceled 2014 deployments, its a crap shoot at this time.... No one knows how the tides will turn, whether Karzai will get smart all of a sudden or if Syria blows up.
            My state has no deployments other than the one I mentioned. I could for sure get on that one but everyone say it will be canceled because its in 2014.

That's what I have been doing. I'm calling every out of state engineer unit that is deploying I come across also but with no luck yet. I pretty much made this thread to spread out my search a little further.

Comment

Have a good readiness NCO? He can make it happen. I'm from mississippi and we had two guys from California come with us.

Comment

Working...
              X