X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ING denial or early separation?

I recently talked to my Commander about going on ING and was told no. I have 10 years and 2 deployments under my belt, never failed a PT test and always show up to drill. Which is 5 hours away. Recently at work positions at work became available to open me up for promotion (Police Department). But this would require more work time. With the travel and work problems and being denied ING is there anything I can do to get out early with an honorable discharge? I want to come back and serve but the stress right now and the opportunity for advancement is killing me.

Any advise? Feel free to email me at mdodge@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

SSG Dodge

Re: ING denial or early separation?

Time in the ING doesn't count towards fulfilling your service obligation. The ING is used as a holding category for people with a temporary situation who can later return to drilling.

What exactly are the issues that have compelled you to seek a change of status, and what is your desired end-state? Be careful how you define the problem, because you may miss some beneficial solutions.

Comment

Re: ING denial or early separation?

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      Time in the ING doesn't count towards fulfilling your service obligation. The ING is used as a holding category for people with a temporary situation who can later return to drilling.

What exactly are the issues that have compelled you to seek a change of status, and what is your desired end-state? Be careful how you define the problem, because you may miss some beneficial solutions.
      Right now work. The hours and now with filling 2 instructor slots and many non regular hours. Plus the distance to drill presents a problem. Plus I work nights. Again, I'm not looking for an easy out. I want fulfill my enlistment obligation. But the stress and obligations have changed. I would just like a break to get things arranged. Not to mention the wifey is getting seriously pissed.

Thank you Sir,

SSG Dodge

Comment

Working...
      X