Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
First time Reporting to my unit for inprocessing, but not an official drill.What to wear? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time Reporting to my unit for inprocessing, but not an official drill.What to wear?

So im reporting to my Unit for the first time On monday morning to basicly In-process,meet the chain of command and familiarize myself with the area.
    this isnt an Official Drill date So the only people there will be AGR Sargents and Officers.....

Should i Report in ACU's? Or would they think im retarded? Should i report in Tasteful Civilian clothing? Or Would that be retarded?
    I really have no clue On which to wear, dont wanna ask my unit cause that would just sound dumb but dont wanna make a bad first impression....What would you do?

Re: First time Reporting to my unit for inprocessing, but not an official drill.What to wear?

Casual dress will be appropriate.

Comment

Re: First time Reporting to my unit for inprocessing, but not an official drill.What to wear?

Personally, I'd rather ask a question and feel dumb now, then show up in the wrong dress and feel dumb.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I'd say ACU's, if you don't need to be in them no ones going to think twice about it. If you show up in civilian clothes someone may question why you're not in uniform when reporting.

Comment

If you're in a duty status, then definitely report in uniform. If you're coming on your own time, then it's not so clear. Wear of the uniform in a non-duty status is permissible if your activities and behavior conform to Army values and interests.

I concur with the others that you should ask for guidance from your chain of command.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
            So im reporting to my Unit for the first time On monday morning to basicly In-process,meet the chain of command and familiarize myself with the area.
            this isnt an Official Drill date So the only people there will be AGR Sargents and Officers.....

Should i Report in ACU's? Or would they think im retarded? Should i report in Tasteful Civilian clothing? Or Would that be retarded?
            I really have no clue On which to wear, dont wanna ask my unit cause that would just sound dumb but dont wanna make a bad first impression....What would you do?
            If this is considered a stupid question at your unit, then you guys have got to be geniuses compared to the rest of the Army. This is the definition of a "not stupid" question because the only way to get the answer is to ask. You're on the right track; don't worry so much.

Comment

Last week I had a soldier who showed up just to do a familiarization tour of the area and meet people. It was in the middle of the day and they weren't on any duty status. They showed up in civilian clothes (tasteful) and I didn't think anything of it. Had they been officially reporting I would have expected ACUs, but since she was just taking the intitiative to find her way around and meet people, civilian dress was fine with me.

Comment

Working...
              X