X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRR?

Is it possible to switch back to the IRR? I was prior active duty, came in the guard about 2 years ago and believe I will be done in 2014. I recently returned from Afghanistan with my guard unit. and was pursuing aviation in my state, got jerked around so IST'd to another state to pursue aviation there and after all the headaches and running around to make the cut I just found out Ill have to wait till possibly next year as opposed to June which was what I was going for. I'm quite honestly fed up and my new plans will have me moving to another state for a few months and after that most likely moving again (pilot) and don't want to deal with IST's and travel for drill.

Any input is appreciated.

Re: IRR?

How far out, exactly, are you from your ETS? I take it you are well past your MSO.

You might want to look into ING as it is a bit 'safer' in terms of getting called back. While in the 'IRR"... all 3 components can pull you for service.

Comment

I ETS in little under a year, and forgive me but what is ING? and how does it differ from IRR?

Thank you!

Comment

He wouldn't accumulate service time while in the ING.

And since he now says he has less than a year, either suck it up drilling or pursue IRR. :-\

Comment

OP, only you can decide what is best for you.

However, since you are less than one year out from your ETS and are pretty much fed up, I'd recommend putting in for IRR and hoping that something crazy doesn't happen before you ETS.

Comment

Working...
          X