Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill is too far - unit not helping me change... What to do?

This will be a loaded post, so I apologize in advance. But here we go. I'm with a unit that is 113 miles away and this is too far. I've sought assistance in getting transferred to a closer unit - no help and no luck. I've contacted over 8 units (with different MOS's even). Moreover, I never see my wife. I work in East Chicago as a police officer and my wife and I live over 100 miles apart. She is finishing up school and I've since finished and accepted this job because it was the only option. Essentially, I see my wife every 10 days or so - assuming I don't have drill. Basically, what are my various realistic courses of action? Can i transfer to the IRR? I'll provide details below.

- I have completed my 8 year MSO.
    - I have 2 years left on the current contract.
    - I had an honorable discharge from the Active Duty Army, Reserves, and National Guard prior to this current contract.

Re: Drill is too far - unit not helping me change... What to do?

I'm in WI, are you enlisted into IL? Wasnt sure because of the distance if it was IL for sure or not. Does your BN have units closer? Does your BDE have units closer? Sometimes they allow you to drill in a different location but still be assigned to original unit. Doesnt hurt to use your COC and ask. Original unit pays you still. An agreement between the two.

Comment

Re: Drill is too far - unit not helping me change... What to do?

Originally posted by AirborneInfantry82 View Post
      I'm with a unit that is 113 miles away and this is too far.
      Welcome to the National Guard. I drive ~250 miles each way.

Did your unit move after you signed the contract?

Comment

Working...
      X