X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKO

I've been trying to sign up for AKO. I get on to the site, select the second tab for not using a CAC card then create new account. When I try to create one, it says my SSN is not found. Its been over 2 weeks now. Is there any other way to get this done?

I did talk to AKO customer service and they said that I could sign up for an account if I was sponsored by someone and most likely, my recruiter. My recruiter has no idea now to do this. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Re: AKO

I'm assuming you've already sworn in and are a member of the Guard correct?

So your recruiter has no idea how to do it? Wow. To be honest either your recruiter is new, is incompetent, or is lazy and just didn't want to do it.

AKO helpdesk can't do anything about that.

Comment

Maybe this will get taken care of when you inprocess at RSP?

Comment

I swore in on 20130320. I already have my military ID. They said that since I haven't logged
        Onto AKO yet, my ID won't be encrypted with my email. And if I do
        Get into AKO at a later time to come back and they will encrypt my ID.

My recruiter said that all his recruits have it AKO done through RSP. RSP just gave me basic info and print out
        On how to log on but nothing else in regards to my sign in name and password.
        Just a little lost at this point.

Comment

I'm with you on this as I swore in on 20130320 too!

At least you aleady have your ID as I don't have anything yet. Perhaps I could use my PIV card from my current job at DHS

Hell I go to my first drill next weekend and do not have any reasonable expectations other than to inprocess, PT, and get assessed on an APFT.

Comment

Originally posted by YANG View Post
            I swore in on 20130320. I already have my military ID. They said that since I haven't logged
            Onto AKO yet, my ID won't be encrypted with my email. And if I do
            Get into AKO at a later time to come back and they will encrypt my ID.

My recruiter said that all his recruits have it AKO done through RSP. RSP just gave me basic info and print out
            On how to log on but nothing else in regards to my sign in name and password.
            Just a little lost at this point.
            You can actually do an online RAPIDS Self-Service thing now and load your CAC with your email certificates, same applies if you change your email like under Enterprise Email migration. Just saves you another trip back to wherever you got your CAC made. But you have to have the email account established first.

RAPIDS Self-Service

Give it another couple of weeks. SOMEONE has to put your SSN into the system for it to process to even allow you to establish the account. If nothing has been done by say your drill in May, elevate it up your RSP chain of command. It's only an AKO account, it can't be that friggin hard.

Comment

Thanks for all your help.

I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X