Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IST Regulation

Hello,

What is the regulation that covers inter-state transfers (IST), specifically stating that a Soldier may not IST with a temporary profile, and what would a Soldier do if they moved out of state with a temporary profile, no current APFT, H/W, PHA, and still has equipment from their original state and do not want to travel to the IDT location due to distance. I found a Commander cannot issue a 90 day leave of absence if the Soldier is not current with APFT, H/W, PHA and still has equipment. Is the Soldier still required to drill with their original unit.

Please, if anyone responds can you please give a regulation to back your anwser. So far I'm working out of AR 135-91.

Thanks!

Re: IST Regulation

Originally posted by irunyourun View Post
    Hello,

What is the regulation that covers inter-state transfers (IST), specifically stating that a Soldier may not IST with a temporary profile, and what would a Soldier do if they moved out of state with a temporary profile, no current APFT, H/W, PHA, and still has equipment from their original state and do not want to travel to the IDT location due to distance. I found a Commander cannot issue a 90 day leave of absence if the Soldier is not current with APFT, H/W, PHA and still has equipment. Is the Soldier still required to drill with their original unit.

Please, if anyone responds can you please give a regulation to back your anwser. So far I'm working out of AR 135-91.

Thanks!
    There isn't a regulation that covers every situation under the sun. The bottom line here is that no state is required to accept an IST for whatever reason they want. They are under no obligation. So if you are not able to transfer because state XYZ will not accept you than you are expected to stay current at your original unit, however they see fit.

Comment

Re: IST Regulation

Originally posted by irunyourun View Post
      Until you fix that, you're going to have a hard time getting a unit to accept you. Either get better or work at getting a perm profile to take alternate events. The PHA is probably the easiest thing for you to fix.

Work with your previous unit about your issues. Your commander can allow you to drill with another unit as long as the other unit also agrees to it. If you go over 90 days without pay, you can be considered a non-participant. Work with your unit about returning the equipment. If not, you can be held financially liable for that equipment.

Comment

Working...
      X