X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROMOTION!!! HELP!

Okay, I was promoted to E-2 in November. I read that in order to be promoted to E-3, you have to have 12 months and 4 month TIG. Do I need to do any paperwork to get my next promotion?

Re: PROMOTION!!! HELP!

Originally posted by anngabriel View Post
    Okay, I was promoted to E-2 in November. I read that in order to be promoted to E-3, you have to have 12 months and 4 month TIG. Do I need to do any paperwork to get my next promotion?
    Just talk to your S-1 folks. Unfortunatley because you are a PVT that will also mean going through your nco chain to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
      Just talk to your S-1 folks. Unfortunatley because you are a PVT that will also mean going through your nco chain to do so.
      I thought it would have been automatic if he met the eligibility criteria. Doesn't that promotion usually show on his LES?

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
        I thought it would have been automatic if he met the eligibility criteria. Doesn't that promotion usually show on his LES?
        Usually yes...but if there is a disconnect or it was blocked by the command (which is rare but does happen) he will need s-1 to sort it out

Comment

Since the S1 really has nothing to do with E-1 to E-4 promotions as your commander has to sign the 4187, talk with your chain of command about your promotion. If you were trying to put together a SGT or above packet, the S1 could help you out as they would could proof it for you ect before your commander endorses it.
          Last edited by RedLeg; March 18th, 2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

I never trust anything "automatic" that comes from government that benefits me. Always make an effort to check up on pay/promotion/bonus related issues.

Comment

Get with your team leader. It's his job to make sure his guys are taken care of and recieve promotion when eligible. If he does nothing take it to your squad leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                Yep, (at least on AD it did) at 6 months E2 shows up on your LES, 12 months E3 shows up and then 24 months E4 shows up. Unless you're trying to get promoted early you don't have to do anything (and I've found people who inquire about early promotions at those ranks never seem get them).

Comment

My last promotion just showed up, but this on hasn't. I am not positive as to why.

Comment

Originally posted by anngabriel View Post
                    My last promotion just showed up, but this on hasn't. I am not positive as to why.
                    I, personally, would not list my full name and contact information on a public website as you have in your signature line.

Comment

Thanks! lol

Comment

If you got promoted to E2 in November I would assume E3 will show up 6 months later on your LES in May or June. It's kind of hypocritical because I remember being very excited about those promotions back then, but really they make little difference. All junior enlisted ranks in the army are treated practically the same. If you were going for E5 then that would be a legitimate reason to make a stink over it.

Comment

Are you flagged for anything? Your COC can put a hold on the promotion if you are flagged for your APFT or your Height/Weight.

Comment

Were you in the same unit when it went smoothly? What type of unit are you in? Unit, Battalion, Brigade?

Comment

Working...
                            X