X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion points

Can one get points for mobilizations..? I was mobilized twice one for operation enduring freedom and operation noble eagle.. Both were support missions but not to a combat theater.... Does that count towards promotion points...? Thnx..

Re: Promotion points

Originally posted by shootnmove View Post
    Can one get points for mobilizations..? I was mobilized twice one for operation enduring freedom and operation noble eagle.. Both were support missions but not to a combat theater.... Does that count towards promotion points...? Thnx..
    Operation Noble Eagle = No

Where did you go for OEF? Cuba?

http://www.ncopromotionboard.com/new...on-points.html

ARMY PROMOTION POINTS FOR COMBAT EXPERIENCE AND WEAPONS

TOTAL MAXIMUM POINTS FOR MILITARY TRAINING:
    340 for Promotion to SGT and 255 for Promotion to SSG

Combat Experience (30 points maximum – SGT; 60 points maximum – SSG).
    To recognize the invaluable experiences gained while serving on combat deployments, Soldiers will receive 2 promotion
    points for each incremental month of federal service in specified operations, as defined by the DCS, G-3. Combat
    deployments are defined as an overseas operation in a designated combat zone (i.e., OIF, OEF). Source document is the
    Enlisted Records Brief (ERB).

Comment

Thnx, Cuba, no.. Europe.... Appeiciate it though...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
        Operation Noble Eagle = No

Where did you go for OEF? Cuba?

http://www.ncopromotionboard.com/new...on-points.html

ARMY PROMOTION POINTS FOR COMBAT EXPERIENCE AND WEAPONS

TOTAL MAXIMUM POINTS FOR MILITARY TRAINING:
        340 for Promotion to SGT and 255 for Promotion to SSG

Combat Experience (30 points maximum – SGT; 60 points maximum – SSG).
        To recognize the invaluable experiences gained while serving on combat deployments, Soldiers will receive 2 promotion
        points for each incremental month of federal service in specified operations, as defined by the DCS, G-3. Combat
        deployments are defined as an overseas operation in a designated combat zone (i.e., OIF, OEF). Source document is the
        Enlisted Records Brief (ERB).
        I got promoted under the old Active duty point system. Don't know much about the new one or how the guard promotes enlisted, but I'm pretty sure (may be wrong) that the guard uses a different point system. I know AD uses a DA form 3355, and the guard uses an NGB 4100 right? If so that form shows an entirely different point setup than the one I remember (and the new AD point system for that matter).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure that info applies to guard promotions.

Comment

I don't believe so. 4100 is broken down into TIS/TIG, Awards, APFT, IWQ, Military resident course hours, civilian education and distance learning. Each category maximized at 75 points. Then the evaluation is worth 400 points I believe. I didn't know that until I had my first one done recently. I had been calculating my points as if we used the AD format. Things like WLC don't render a point to us.

Comment

Since Guard is deploying frequent too, they should change it to receive combat credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Orelladanza View Post
              I don't believe so. 4100 is broken down into TIS/TIG, Awards, APFT, IWQ, Military resident course hours, civilian education and distance learning. Each category maximized at 75 points. Then the evaluation is worth 400 points I believe. I didn't know that until I had my first one done recently. I had been calculating my points as if we used the AD format. Things like WLC don't render a point to us.
              That's what I thought. For me (on active duty) it was 150 pts from board, 150 pts CDR recommendation, 199 pts military ed, 99 pts civilian ed, 100 pts awards, 50 pts weapons qual, 50 pts APFT for a 798 max though it was changed july 2011. I knew they were different though.

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
              Since Guard is deploying frequent too, they should change it to receive combat credit.
              I agree (though less than 2 years ago even active duty didn't get points for deployments), personally I think there should be one standard. I don't know why the guard needs it's own separate point system, especially since (as far as I know) the guards system provides no additional benefit to soldiers. Probably the result of some senior O-grade looking for an OER bullet.
              Last edited by ack202; February 28th, 2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X