Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible DUI after enlist/ before basic

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
    For the sake of knowledge I can only thing of ar 380-67 requiring reporting but that's from a personnel security standpoint. Otherwise the directives actually state just the opposite:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/65966781/S...rting-SA-Memo1
    Most of us know know this already, but for those of you who don't, there is a current suspension on DUI convictions (Major misconduct). That means, if you have one, you are barred from enlisting with no waivers being accepted.

Comment

You've been charged with a crime, you need to report this to your cadre.

Are you sure you don't want advice on becoming a better person? That is kinda my specialty!

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
        Most of us know know this already, but for those of you who don't, there is a current suspension on DUI convictions (Major misconduct). That means, if you have one, you are barred from enlisting with no waivers being accepted.

but he is already in service, wont it be up to his commander as to weather or not he is retained? Wouldn't he have the option of doing some kind of alcohol rehabilitation if he is convicted? To me it sounds like he has a good shot of beating the charge if he has the right lawyer.
        Last edited by RyCass; December 27th, 2012, 11:50 AM. Reason: accidently posted within your thread

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
          For the sake of knowledge I can only thing of ar 380-67 requiring reporting but that's from a personnel security standpoint. Otherwise the directives actually state just the opposite:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/65966781/S...rting-SA-Memo1
          I knew about this memo, but this is for senior people. We are talking about a new private. I was excited there were new posts, I thought maybe Redleg found "the AR"...

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
            but he is already in service, wont it be up to his commander as to weather or not he is retained? Wouldn't he have the option of doing some kind of alcohol rehabilitation if he is convicted? To me it sounds like he has a good shot of beating the charge if he has the right lawyer.
            Rycass is always a step ot two behind. Please forgive her. Yes this person is already enlisted, but that doesn't mean they have to ship him to basic.

And also, a DUI is not a crime in every jurisidiction. In some places, it is just a traffic offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post

Yup. I'm aware of the OP's situation (i.e. being already enlisted), but wanted to make it clear for those reading through all this that there is a distinction when enlisting versus being enlisted.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                Even if that DUI was back in 1994, and nothing has happened since?

Comment

Originally posted by Rokovak View Post
                  Even if that DUI was back in 1994, and nothing has happened since?
                  Oh, 1994? In that case you are fine. The guard will allow you to enlist with a DUI, BUT ONLY if it happened in 1994.

Comment

Sweeet! My mommy always said I was special, and I knew she was right!

Comment

Working...
                    X