Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Training

Hey guys.

I enlisted with a DoDMERB and apparently orders came down that you can only go to basic with a Chapter - 2 Physical. So, right before I enlisted I was told I couldn't go to basic, and my ship date was scrubbed.

With that said, is there a way around this? Can I request a chapter 2 so I can go to basic? My recruiter is already attempting to fix this for me, and I'm not trying to make any waves by asking; I just wanted to see if anyone had any other options available to help me out.

Thank you.

Re: Basic Training

If I were you I'd try to get in at least a couple RSP drills before going to basic. At least you won't be looking around like a frightened lost puppy like most of the other regular Army recruits looked when they shipped straight from MEPS. It also won't be such a soul-crushing experience to go through shark attack downrange if you've already had a taste of how Drill Sergeants function during RSP. You'll learn about drill and ceremony, taking an APFT, and developing the proper mindset. While doing that you can work on getting a ship date.

Comment

Working...
    X