X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to get in aviation from infantry

I am currently signed to an infantry unit. I'm11B mosq, E4, passing pt and.rifle, secret clearance. I want to try and switch to the aviation unit in Virginia. I was hoping to get some information on the process and find out what the best choice is. I would like to be flight crew of a uh-60 or the gunner. I've even heard we have a medevac unit within that unit. I'm just trying to explore my options. thanks for any and all help on this matter

Re: trying to get in aviation from infantry

Originally posted by jdad3406 View Post
    I am currently signed to an infantry unit. I'm11B mosq, E4, passing pt and.rifle, secret clearance. I want to try and switch to the aviation unit in Virginia. I was hoping to get some information on the process and find out what the best choice is. I would like to be flight crew of a uh-60 or the gunner. I've even heard we have a medevac unit within that unit. I'm just trying to explore my options. thanks for any and all help on this matter
    There's likely to be others that can give you more specific details on Aviation, so hopefully they will chime in on this. A couple things to think about is if your unit will allow you to re-class and if there is a slot open in the Aviation unit with in your rank level. It can be a challenging process, so be prepared for some leg work.

Comment

Re: trying to get in aviation from infantry

Take this issue to your chain of command, and your battalion retention NCO. It's not clear whether there is a position for you, and whether you qualify for it. The ASVAB scores and other requirements for aviation mechanic differ significantly than for Infantryman.

Comment

Working...
      X