X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92g??

So my MOS is 92G, I just want to know how bad of a reputation this MOS has? My recruiter said its a good job but just has a reputation. is there any 92Gs on here? just curious on what to expect.

Re: 92g??

You cook food. What is wrong with that? Who hates food unless you are a bad cook.

Comment

I either sugar coat or am blunt, I really have no in between! Today is a bit more of a blunt day. SOME, not all, but some joke about cooks being ones that score a little lower on the ASVAB than others. It is generally done in good teasing fun. Any branch or any job in any branch has at one time been "teased" for one reason or another. I compare it to people with different brands of motorcycles or snowmobiles that tease owners of others...its just some good ribbing. So the joke about the cooks are the lower test scores. However, everyone knows that some pick the job on purpose because that is what they want to do. So it isnt all that serious of an issue and you will likely at one point rib someone else along the way about what they do. It is just one of those things. Now it can be taken the other way too and being a cook can make friends for you. Some understand that if they friend you, they might get some chow hall deals too! So it can go either way!

Comment

I was happier to eat MREs then eat our cooks' food & only went to the DFACs that had civilian contractors cooking food.
        Tkae it as you will & others' mileage might vary!

Comment

Our cooks perform very well. I would eat their food any given day.

They are at the mercy of the state...sometimes all we get are chicken, beans, and "purple drink".

Comment

Thanks everyone. I was just curious. and I'm sure I can take some teasing over my MOS, don't think it'll bother me much.

Comment

If you make it what you want it to be, no one will make fun of you. Trust me, everyone loves good food in the field. MRE's get old quick, I don't care what anyone says.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                If you make it what you want it to be, no one will make fun of you. Trust me, everyone loves good food in the field. MRE's get old quick, I don't care what anyone says.
                Agreed. If you can make the DFAC food taste amazing, you'll be everyone's friend!

Comment

Working...
                X