X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition to Active Duty

I read the bulletin above, but I think I'm missing the essence of it due to some of the lingo involved.

I am selecting my MOS soon with recruiter this week before I swear in. With that in mind, I've been receiving mixed answers to the following question:

As a National Guard member in the SMP program, will I be allowed to contract with the ROTC for an Active Duty position with Big Army? I just want to know what my options will be in a few years.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment you can provide.

P.S. What MOS do YOU PERSONALLY find most desirable for an enlistee? I understand everybody is different but I just wanted to probe some people's minds for a little direction.

Re: Transition to Active Duty

Originally posted by Reagan View Post
    As a National Guard member in the SMP program, will I be allowed to contract with the ROTC for an Active Duty position with Big Army?
    Yes ... provided that you don't obligate yourself otherwise. Read the thread in my signature file for detailed guidance on that topic.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      Yes ... provided that you don't obligate yourself otherwise. Read the thread in my signature file for detailed guidance on that topic.
      Thank you for the help. I read the financial incentives thread and it clarified quite a bit. I'll have to discuss my options with my recruiter to find the best plan for me. Thanks again!

Comment

The Active contracts are way harder and competitive to get than the GRFD Guard SMP contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
          The Active contracts are way harder and competitive to get than the GRFD Guard SMP contracts.
          That seems to be the consensus. I am most likely going to choose the GRFD contract as I want to stay in the guard, but I just wanted to know what my options would be if things happened to change. Thank you for the response!

Comment

Working...
          X