X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACU Wear Policy

Moderators: I have searched, and while I found bits and pieces of helpful information, my overall question(s) were not answered.

I am in enlisted and in currently, still attending high school as a senior. I have been enlisted for several months.
    What I would like to know is the following:
    Can I wear my ACU to school? From what I understand, it is discouraged by some, and encouraged by others. I tend to agree with the free advertising policy, but to recognize some of the points those against it would say. I wear my uniform within regulations, and always make sure physical appearance is on par with them as well, especially when wearing my uniform. And no, I don't wear my uniform there often, but I plan on doing it maybe one day the week before drill weekend, see if I can spark any interest and bring a guest, and/or get contacts to put in touch with my recruiter. I do wear the National Guard t-shirts I was given, but with more going around after a NG event held here, they're a little more common, and I want people to know I am actually enlisted and can help them should they need it.
    Is wearing my RSP black 'PT' jacket (moreso a soft shell jacket) with my ACU not permitted? It is the nice black one with the reflective flag on the upper center back, nationalguard.com on the left sleeve, and the Paratus Preliator logo on the left chest.

I believe these should be recognized on an individual level with circumstances a big factor. But I'm not the many other soldiers out there, so what do you think? Would I be able to?

What punishments can be administered to those in violation of AR 670-1? Who are they handled by? Are punishments administered at the discretion of ranking soldier? If not, who?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Re: ACU Wear Policy

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
    Can I wear my ACU to school?
    You can do whatever you want. Some things you choose to do will have consequences; this is among them.

From what I understand, it is discouraged by some, and encouraged by others.
    No one in their right mind would encourage you to wear your ACUs to school.

I tend to agree with the free advertising policy, but to recognize some of the points those against it would say. I wear my uniform within regulations, and always make sure physical appearance is on par with them as well, especially when wearing my uniform. And no, I don't wear my uniform there often, but I plan on doing it maybe one day the week before drill weekend, see if I can spark any interest and bring a guest, and/or get contacts to put in touch with my recruiter.
    Not your job.

I do wear the National Guard t-shirts I was given, but with more going around after a NG event held here, they're a little more common, and I want people to know I am actually enlisted and can help them should they need it.
    Sorry; what is it you can help them with, exactly?

Is wearing my RSP black 'PT' jacket (moreso a soft shell jacket) with my ACU not permitted? It is the nice black one with the reflective flag on the upper center back, nationalguard.com on the left sleeve, and the Paratus Preliator logo on the left chest.
    Doesn't sound like an authorized piece of clothing to me.

I believe these should be recognized on an individual level with circumstances a big factor. But I'm not the many other soldiers out there, so what do you think? Would I be able to?
    Like I said: you can do whatever you want, but it may have consequences. One of those consequences may simply be looking like an epic d-bag in front of your peers.

What punishments can be administered to those in violation of AR 670-1? Who are they handled by? Are punishments administered at the discretion of ranking soldier? If not, who?
    Whatever your chain of command feels is appropriate.

Don't take my sarcasm too personally, dude. But seriously, don't wear your ACUs to school. You're not there in an official capacity, and it just looks ridiculous. No one will think you're cool for it, and since you're still at RSP, you can't really represent the military in any official capacity. Any information you give to your peers is strictly your opinion and should not be construed otherwise. Put on a pair of jeans and a polo and call it a day. Get those grades up.

Comment

Moderators: I have searched, and while I found bits and pieces of helpful information, my overall question(s) were not answered.

I am in enlisted and in currently, still attending high school as a senior. I have been enlisted for several months.
      Can I wear my ACU to school? From what I understand, it is discouraged by some, and encouraged by others. I tend to agree with the free advertising policy, but to recognize some of the points those against it would say. I wear my uniform within regulations, and always make sure physical appearance is on par with them as well, especially when wearing my uniform. And no, I don't wear my uniform there often, but I plan on doing it maybe one day the week before drill weekend, see if I can spark any interest and bring a guest, and/or get contacts to put in touch with my recruiter. I do wear the National Guard t-shirts I was given, but with more going around after a NG event held here, they're a little more common, and I want people to know I am actually enlisted and can help them should they need it.

The attention you are claiming you want; the attention you are seeking to get; and the attention you will get are not the same.

Don't do it.

Comment

*Shakes my head and facepalm*

Someone please do the honors and post an epic fail picture. I usually have bookmarks for collections of epic fail pictures just for occasions like this.

Sovereign,

I understand you may not know all the policies yet and I recognize that you are an E-2. The Army regulations state that if you are to wear your ACUs in public before attending BCT and AIT, you must wear your ACUs with the following items:

-Kevlar helmet
        -Interceptor body armor
        -Load bearing vest

The reason for this is because the Army is afraid of its new recruits getting hurt. I understand this may s*ck, but it is what it is. If you do not have those items yet, you must request it from your Supply Sergeant at RSP.
        Last edited by Polo08816; October 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
          *Shakes my head and facepalm*

Someone please do the honors and post an epic fail picture. I usually have bookmarks for collections of epic fail pictures just for occasions like this.

Sovereign,

I understand you may not know all the policies yet and I recognize that you are an E-2. The Army regulations state that if you are to wear your ACUs in public before attending BCT and AIT, you must wear your ACUs with the following items:

-Kevlar helmet
          -Interceptor body armor
          -Load bearing vest

The reason for this is because the Army is afraid of its new recruits getting hurt. I understand this may s*ck, but it is what it is. If you do not have those items yet, you must request it from your Supply Sergeant at RSP.
          Also, be sure to wear your M1151 at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
            Also, be sure to wear your M1151 at all times.
            Unlike in Soviet Russia, where M1151 wears you.

Comment

You can place a National Guard sticker on your book bag and your notebook. And a National Guard eraser on your pencil.

Comment

Just don't do it. I'm going to discourage you. Don't.

4 years from now, you'll think you were the biggest fool ever. Harsh, but it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                  You can place a National Guard sticker on your book bag and your notebook. And a National Guard eraser on your pencil.
                  I always had a sticker on my gijoe lunchbox. The chicks dig it..

Comment

I have a feeling the OP might be a stickler for detail so look up AR 670-1 chapter 30-2 paragraph b which stars with "When ARNG AND USAR personnel are within the limits of the United States or its possessions. Army National Guard and USAR personnel not on active duty may wear the Army uniform only as follows..."

I believe you hat a term disease called 'motard-itis'. I know the term because I once worked with a fellow officer candidate who had the disease and wore his IBA and LBV at home and tried it on for facebook photos, along with assigning his children leadership positions. He also argued that he should wear his ASUs to company meetings at his civilian job..... I cited this reference every time he wanted to throw on his ASU or ACU to parade himself around public or attend a toddlers birthday party where nobody in the family had any affiliation with the military.

dont be that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                      I always had a sticker on my gijoe lunchbox. The chicks dig it..
                      I have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle backpack that was in the shape of a turtle shell. I don't need a NG sticker to pick up all the chicks.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
                        I know the term because I once worked with a fellow officer candidate who had the disease and wore his IBA and LBV at home and tried it on for facebook photos, along with assigning his children leadership positions. He also argued that he should wear his ASUs to company meetings at his civilian job....
                        Wait, are you saying I should stop doing this?

Comment

Wear your RSP PT jacket, that is encouraged...just not with your ACU.

Comment

Thank you all for your input.

Moderator, please close.

Comment

Moderator, please close.
                              Gladly. That's simpler than deleting half these messages for being unhelpful.

Comment

Working...
                              X