X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orders?

Hey all. This may be a stupid question but I'm having an issue getting my orders for BCT so I can submit them to my employer. I ship on the 15th and should have had them by now. I have been working with my RSP unit and recruiter but have not received a definite answer as to when I will get them. I was also told they will be in my ako. Where in my ako will they be? Sent as an email or is there a separate section for them? Thanks in advance.

Re: Orders?

MEPS does not provide you with a ship date in your enlistment contract?

Comment

It does have the ship date and I received my reservation for my BCT and AIT training slots but my employer is asking for the actual orders. Not the contract. Believe me, I've tried with just the contract and reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheelin4evr View Post
        Hey all. This may be a stupid question but I'm having an issue getting my orders for BCT so I can submit them to my employer. I ship on the 15th and should have had them by now. I have been working with my RSP unit and recruiter but have not received a definite answer as to when I will get them. I was also told they will be in my ako. Where in my ako will they be? Sent as an email or is there a separate section for them? Thanks in advance.
        "in your AKO" probably meant in iPERMS which can be accessed through AKO. It is your online military record. Most every paper you sign for or receive otherwise is generally uploaded into your iPERMS. Once logged into AKO it is a link within the home page. You need a CAC to access them now I believe. I always use a CAC so i'm not sure on that but I remember hearing that.

It is nice to have for your employer but if you cannot get them before you leave, it isnt owed to them. You have to do the best job possible to do what your employer wants but that isnt a requirement if it wasnt available to you. Everyone should be nice to their employer and do everything possible to work with them but just letting you know that since i'm sure you have allot to think about without that before you leave.
        Last edited by WIBecky74; October 3rd, 2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I wasn't aware of where it would be so I will check iPERMS. So far my employer has been pretty relaxed about it. They said as long as the forms are in by the 31st I am fine. But I'd rather not push it that far. There definitely is a lot to prepare for so it's starting to become a chore to get this all done and I really want it done asap. I have a CAC card but I do not have a card reader for my home or work computer. Maybe I will have to swing by my recruiters office and steal his for a few minutes to check if I can't get in. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheelin4evr View Post
            Thank you for the info. I wasn't aware of where it would be so I will check iPERMS. So far my employer has been pretty relaxed about it. They said as long as the forms are in by the 31st I am fine. But I'd rather not push it that far. There definitely is a lot to prepare for so it's starting to become a chore to get this all done and I really want it done asap. I have a CAC card but I do not have a card reader for my home or work computer. Maybe I will have to swing by my recruiters office and steal his for a few minutes to check if I can't get in. Thanks again for the info.
            Your employer doesn't have a choice. You are doing the right thing by being proactive and trying to coordinate, but in all reality even if they gave them to you the night before you are still "fine".

Comment

In our state MEPS does not cut the actual order until the week the Soldier ships. This is to prevent having to amend orders for address changes, etc.

Your RSP can give a memo to your employer, this should be sufficient. The memo can state when you leave and when you shoud return and mention that upon shiping orders can be faxed to your employer if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                In our state MEPS does not cut the actual order until the week the Soldier ships. This is to prevent having to amend orders for address changes, etc.

Your RSP can give a memo to your employer, this should be sufficient. The memo can state when you leave and when you shoud return and mention that upon shipping orders can be faxed to your employer if needed.
                Exactly. It's very likely your recruiter doesn't even know the exact day they will cut them. I agree with everyone above. You are doing the responsible thing by trying to get them as soon as they are ready.

Good luck with your training!

Comment

When I went to BCT in 2010 I didn't get my orders until about 5 days before I shipped. If its the week of you shipping and you dont have your orders get on your recruiter then.

Comment

Thank you for all the insight. My recruiter has said that our RSP unit should have the orders to me 30 days prior to my ship date but I'm not sure if this is entirely true to what they do. I've been told by the RSP admin that they would get them to me sooner than the last week but nothing yet. I can't access iPERMS cause I don't have the CAC reader like stated above so I'm going to my recruiters office later today. I definitely want to leave on as good of terms as I can with my employer but I also need them for a couple other things like putting my student loans on deferment so I don't have to pay them while I'm done. They want the orders too.

Comment

I ship 29Oct2012 and my orders are not yet in iPERMS.

Comment

Well you've got about two weeks longer than I do. I would imagine I should have them at least by early this next week considering I leave a week from Monday...

Comment

I ran into the same problem but with my student loans. They wanted a copy of my orders. I'm pretty sure in my state you don't get your orders until the day you ship. My husband never got his and I ship in 3 days and no sign of them!

Comment

I need mine for a student loan too. I've got one that says I will need to start making payments in november when I am gone but I can't defer the payments without my orders. I really hope I get them early this week so I can get this stuff taken care of...

Good luck with your BCT!

Comment

Don't worry; once you receive your orders, you can send it to them and based on the date of your deployment; they will reflect that on your account. I have mine on digits and able to e-mail them or upload them up to website (e.g. bank, credit union).

A couple wanted me to mail them in.

Comment

Working...
                              X