X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much will I be paid

How much will I be paid going to BCT Jan 14 2013 at Fort benning for Infantry will be going to my first RSP drill on Oct 6 and 7th my rank will be E1 I live in California how much will I get with the my Life Insurance being at 400,000 i read they will take out 27.00 thank you

Re: how much will I be paid

Google is your friend.

Or try military.com.

Comment

Originally posted by backup.apple9 View Post
      How much will I be paid going to BCT Jan 14 2013 at Fort benning for Infantry will be going to my first RSP drill on Oct 6 and 7th my rank will be E1 I live in California how much will I get with the my Life Insurance being at 400,000 i read they will take out 27.00 thank you
      http://usmilitarypaychart.com/2013-military-pay-chart/

$1516.43 before taxes. That is very much better than my $400-$600 a month I was making back in 1983.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        http://usmilitarypaychart.com/2013-military-pay-chart/

$1516.43 before taxes. That is very much better than my $400-$600 a month I was making back in 1983.
        Actually, since he'll have zero time in service when he gets to BCT, he will be making $1403 according to this site.

And according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, $600 in 1983 has the purchasing power of $1388 today.

I know you guys used to walk uphill barefoot in the snow both ways to school, but...

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
          Actually, since he'll have zero time in service when he gets to BCT, he will be making $1403 according to this site.

And according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, $600 in 1983 has the purchasing power of $1388 today.

I know you guys used to walk uphill barefoot in the snow both ways to school, but...
          I'm not an expert, but couldn't this be dependent on his marital status and BAH?

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post

lol. I went the <2 bracket because I do not know if pre-training (RSP) time he get in the Guard will count towards it. But yes, what you stated was what I experienced in 1983. I received $483 first then after 6 months; got bumped up to $650 something. Since I was in the Reserves at the time; my pay went substantially down after I left BCT. In those days, you received your drill pay two months later. So when my check arrived in the mail in June; it was for April's drill lol. How things have change. Also, all my correspondence courses were handled through regular mail.

And it's excellent that you bring up today's rate and it goes to show that the military pay system has aligned with it.
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; September 27th, 2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
              I'm not an expert, but couldn't this be dependent on his marital status and BAH?
              Not sure, does anyone know if BAH is authorized for IET/IADT soldiers in the NG?

Comment

BAH is applied to those in BT/AIT and any other active duty orders lasting more than 30 days.

Comment

Only if you have a lease obligation. Example, you don't live at home and are keeping your lease.

I did not receive BAH when enlisted at OSUT. I joined from high school and didn't steal money fromt he Army by signing a fake lease with my mom.

Comment

Originally posted by backup.apple9 View Post
                    Here's a pay chart as well from the National Guard website. It shows both the Active Duty rate and what you will receive at Drills.

Always verify with your recruiter what you're BAH will be as there are many factors to consider.

Comment

Working...
                    X