X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HAVE to go abroad, but can I?

I'm an international studies major and must study abroad to complete my course. Its for 6 months but I don't know how to go about making it happen?

Any idea's what to do and who to go to when the chain of command is full of I don't knows.

Re: I HAVE to go abroad, but can I?

This can be addressed in a few different ways, but assuming you are only leaving the country for 6 months with the intent to complete your university education I would essentially lobby to "split train" ahead of time in order to get a "good year" for retirement. Along with the membership points, you only need 48 UTAs to complete a "good" retirement year. (24 days of drill). Even a short ADOS stint would give you enough points, and then simply an allowance from your commander. That would be the simplest way to handle it with the least long term issues for you.

Comment

You could also SUTA with a reserve unit abroad assuming Europe is the location, and also you have the option to go to ING status, inactive national guard, which wouldn't hurt anything either.

Comment

Ask your unit if you can just do your drill days in advance working odd jobs at the unit.

Comment

Working...
        X