X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR Regs

Does anyone know the AR for failure/refusal to train? or if you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Re: AR Regs

Are you talking about at Basic Training or just referring to refusing to train/obey orders at a unit?

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
      Are you talking about at Basic Training or just referring to refusing to train/obey orders at a unit?
      umm not sure I have a case where a soldier is looking for information regarding military rules, corrective or remedial actions on refusal to train.. if you have answers for both senerios I will greatly accept both. I looked up AR 635-200 ch 13 as well as AR 92, not sure if they fit into what I'm looking for.

Comment

AR? I think you better look at the MCM for that lol. That falls under the UCMJ.

Comment

Originally posted by CPLWho?!?!? View Post
          umm not sure I have a case where a soldier is looking for information regarding military rules, corrective or remedial actions on refusal to train.. if you have answers for both senerios I will greatly accept both. I looked up AR 635-200 ch 13 as well as AR 92, not sure if they fit into what I'm looking for.
          I am assuming this service member has already made it to their unit, if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            AR? I think you better look at the MCM for that lol. That falls under the UCMJ.
            MCM? not familiar with that Sir.. Roger I'm tracking the UCMJ regs.. also looking for actions or "consequences" if this SM refuses to train.

Comment

I am assuming this service member has already made it to their unit, if that helps.
              MCM? not familiar with that Sir.. Roger I'm tracking the UCMJ regs.. also looking for actions or "consequences" if this SM refuses to train.

I'm still confused at what your getting at. It would probably help if you actually explained the situation.

Comment

Well, as HR NCO pointed out, there are many different proceedings for a Soldier that "refuses to train" and it can depend on what the Soldier is doing. Are they in training (BCT)? Are they drilling? When you say refuse to train, are they AWOL? I think you'll need to define a more specific scenario and we might be able to find something to help you.

I would also recommend the APD website, if you haven't been using it. It has all the Army publications on there. Just be sure whatever reg you're looking at applies to the National Guard and/or Reserve components and not just Active Duty. Here's a direct link: APD

Comment

I'm still confused at what your getting at. It would probably help if you actually explained the situation.
                  Roger SFC,
                  I don't know much of the details but I can share what I have. I recieved a case this morning on a SM requesting information on, in lamest terms "what would happen to them if they refuse to train" although I am military I work with civilians that are unaware of the correct questions to ask while conducting an intake. the SM solely wanted information on "corrective or remedial actions on failure to train" to be honest SFC, I'm just as lost as you are.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                    Well, as HR NCO pointed out, there are many different proceedings for a Soldier that "refuses to train" and it can depend on what the Soldier is doing. Are they in training (BCT)? Are they drilling? When you say refuse to train, are they AWOL? I think you'll need to define a more specific scenario and we might be able to find something to help you.

I would also recommend the APD website, if you haven't been using it. It has all the Army publications on there. Just be sure whatever reg you're looking at applies to the National Guard and/or Reserve components and not just Active Duty. Here's a direct link: APD
                    I will look at that site, thank you.. unfortunetly non-military civilians don't enough of how things work for us service memebers to ask those kind of questions, my information is very limited and I am unable to contact the SM myself to request further info.

Comment

Ok, well then I guess a general response could be UCMJ action leading up to and including discharge could be a possible outcome of refusing to train.

Comment

Ok, well then I guess a general response could be UCMJ action leading up to and including discharge could be a possible outcome of refusing to train.
                        Roger, simple enough.. would the discharge be ch 11? failure to adapt? and would that be other than honorable? general discharge?

Comment

If they are at BT/AIT than it would most likely be failure to adapt, entry level separation.

Comment

If they are at BT/AIT than it would most likely be failure to adapt, entry level separation.
                            roger.. and if they are already in their unit? I know the sep codes are different for BT/AIT then they are for everyone else already in.

Comment

I apolgize for sounding dumb, I've just been beating my head against a wall on the case since 0700 this morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X