X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwell time for MFO mission and IST

I am currently deployed in Egypt on MFO mission. I wanted to know if there is dwell time for this mission because it is a peacekeeping mission and Not a combat. Also is it possible to do an interstate transfer if your unit is notified of a deployment that is still 1 year away?

Re: Dwell time for MFO mission and IST

Soldiers who get stationed in Korea earn dwell time.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny88 View Post
      I am currently deployed in Egypt on MFO mission. I wanted to know if there is dwell time for this mission because it is a peacekeeping mission and Not a combat. Also is it possible to do an interstate transfer if your unit is notified of a deployment that is still 1 year away?
      As far as an IST, if your unit is willing to let you go, then yes, you can do one. But as you stated, a deployment is coming up. If you are in a slot that is needed, you run the risk of being told "no". Talk to your unit Readiness NCO ASAP so that you're not dumping this on them at the eleventh hour.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Comment

There will be a lock in date for members of the unit and it is usually right around the year mark. So if the deployment is still over a year away then you should have some time left. If you are going to do it do it now.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
          There will be a lock in date for members of the unit and it is usually right around the year mark. So if the deployment is still over a year away then you should have some time left. If you are going to do it do it now.
          Yup! This is exactly what I was alluding to.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
            The situation is that Im coming home soon from this 10 month Egypt deployment. A year from that they are telling us now we may have an Afghan deployment coming. I had planned before news of this 2nd deployment of doimg an IST when I returned. Also I was under the impression that I would receive 2 years dwell time after this Egypt deployment and would have a choice on the afghan deployment since it is a year after this one I am on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny88 View Post
              The situation is that Im coming home soon from this 10 month Egypt deployment. A year from that they are telling us now we may have an Afghan deployment coming. I had planned before news of this 2nd deployment of doimg an IST when I returned. Also I was under the impression that I would receive 2 years dwell time after this Egypt deployment and would have a choice on the afghan deployment since it is a year after this one I am on now.
              And what did your chain of command tell you when you raised this issue?

Comment

Working...
              X