Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Not MOSQ - Need help! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not MOSQ - Need help!

    Hello,
    I am prior service Navy ( E4 with a non-transferrable MOS) and assigned to a unit in Wisconsin as a 91B. I've been with the unit for approximately 1 year, and have not been able to attend the reclass school due to state budget problems. I had to sign a paper stating that I understood that if I did not attend the school by the time I hit my 2 year anniversary with the guard, I would be put into either the IRR or ING. I am currently on the "wait list" for the school. My question is this: Do I have to reclass as a 91B since I am not MOSQ? What are the odds of transferring to another unit and picking up another MOS? I scored well on the ASVAB and wasn't keen on being a 91B, but that was what was open at the time. If I can't, then no sweat - I figured I'd ask though.

    Thank you for your advice and input!

  • #2
    Re: Not MOSQ - Need help!

    When I was in the Guard and switched units to an MOS; it took 2 years before I went to school. If you want to look for another home; that is up to you but if the whole state is affected by budget issues; then what is the point?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Not MOSQ - Need help!

      Thanks for your reply. My biggest concern is that if I am not able to attend the school, can I be forced into the ING or IRR by no fault of my own? As far as changing MOS's, I thought maybe there is a shorter reclass school, or one that is in more immediate need of filling, that would help me secure a portion of that budget.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Not MOSQ - Need help!

        Originally posted by andeross View Post
        Thanks for your reply. My biggest concern is that if I am not able to attend the school, can I be forced into the ING or IRR by no fault of my own? As far as changing MOS's, I thought maybe there is a shorter reclass school, or one that is in more immediate need of filling, that would help me secure a portion of that budget.
        While I agree with what Cityslicker is saying, I wouldn't rule out looking at your options. You're absolutely right. If there is an MOS that is in high demand and has an opening, I would say go for it. Take charge of your situation instead of sitting back waiting for opportunity to come to you is a more productive philosophy; in my opinion.

        Talk to your Readiness NCO and see what's out there!

        Comment

        Working...
        X