Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry switch 11c to 11b

Hello,

I gotta say I just joined a couple weeks ago and couldn't be more excited about anything EVER! Ha, anyway went through meps and all went well. I wanted infantry so I told my recruiter to get me that. Honestly, looking at it now I got a little too excited and kinda did a whole yes to everything ordeal, stupid I know. I've been told time and time again not to let a recruiter jerk you around. I'm excited regardless because i got infantry, in 11C. He told me 11B wasn't available? Now I live in Michigan and have plenty of time until OSUT I don't leave until May 13th next year. I'm not entirely stressing about it, cause I know i would enjoy 11C and love to blow **** up! Ha, but how likely is it that I could switch from 11C to 11B. Is 11B really not available in Michigan? or did my recruiter just put me in 11C, cause i heard they were needed in Michigan. I'm new to all this, excited, but new so apologies if I sound like another dumb kid who didn't question his contract.

Thanks for the responses. Greatly appreciated.

Re: Infantry switch 11c to 11b

You go through the same training minus about 2 weeks where the 11Bc s and 11Cs will split. Then you come back to do FTX and graduate. Generally 11C is regarded as an advanced or specialized 11B since you have been formally trained on the mortar systems.

I say stick with it. It's worth it.

Comment

the week of 11chuckles training i did during basic was hands down not only the best training I got down there, but also the most fun. The cadre actually cares about you getting it right, and it will put you a leg up on what you can do. definitely worth it

Comment

Originally posted by mskouba View Post
        Hello,

I gotta say I just joined a couple weeks ago and couldn't be more excited about anything EVER! Ha, anyway went through meps and all went well. I wanted infantry so I told my recruiter to get me that. Honestly, looking at it now I got a little too excited and kinda did a whole yes to everything ordeal, stupid I know. I've been told time and time again not to let a recruiter jerk you around. I'm excited regardless because i got infantry, in 11C. He told me 11B wasn't available? Now I live in Michigan and have plenty of time until OSUT I don't leave until May 13th next year. I'm not entirely stressing about it, cause I know i would enjoy 11C and love to blow **** up! Ha, but how likely is it that I could switch from 11C to 11B. Is 11B really not available in Michigan? or did my recruiter just put me in 11C, cause i heard they were needed in Michigan. I'm new to all this, excited, but new so apologies if I sound like another dumb kid who didn't question his contract.

Thanks for the responses. Greatly appreciated.
        ALL 11Cs are 11Bs....All 11Bs ARE NOT 11Cs!!!!!
        Stay with what you have...changing to 11B down the line is nothing.....changing to 11C, well...that just won't happen.

Comment

Like the others have said, you'll now have 2 MOS's when you graduate instead of just one. You'll have what many others are always asking for, an additional MOS.

Comment

OK! I'm convinced, like I said I wasn't too concerned but after reading these posts and talking with some of my fellow RSP warriors i'm really excited for 11C. Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. God Speed.

Comment

Working...
            X