X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process for Changing MOS

I was wondering if anyone knew how long/ how hard it is to change your mos once you've gotten through AIT?

Re: Process for Changing MOS

Why would your unit and the army want to spend money to send you to get a new MOS after they just spent thousands getting you trained in your current MOS????

Just plan on staying in your MOS for a long time.

Comment

Thank you Sargent, but I guess I should have rephrased my question a little better. I'm aware that it wont be right away before I can learn a new mos, I was more curious about if it was possible to change down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorky02 View Post
        Thank you Sargent,
        obviously your mos isnt spelling lol...

but to answer that, the best way of switching jobs is to IST to a state that does not have your job. with drawdowns, and budget constraints, i would not say you have a good chance at all to switch outside of that, unless you have a dang good reason to.

For instance, I am an 11B, my degree is in Strategic Intelligence, and when I tried to switch to MI, VA said no way. I moved up to PA, and was told that since there are 11B units up here, I cannot switch. SO, hopefully you are in a pretty low needed job, and there is a state near you that has another job you are interested in

Comment

I'm wondering how hard it is to use the search function.

Comment

Originally posted by iambrian90 View Post
            obviously your mos isnt spelling lol...

but to answer that, the best way of switching jobs is to IST to a state that does not have your job. with drawdowns, and budget constraints, i would not say you have a good chance at all to switch outside of that, unless you have a dang good reason to.

For instance, I am an 11B, my degree is in Strategic Intelligence, and when I tried to switch to MI, VA said no way. I moved up to PA, and was told that since there are 11B units up here, I cannot switch. SO, hopefully you are in a pretty low needed job, and there is a state near you that has another job you are interested in
            You sure like to capitalize the right words lol

Comment

Originally posted by Snorky02 View Post
              I was wondering if anyone knew how long/ how hard it is to change your mos once you've gotten through AIT?
              If you're interested in changing your MOS, your first step is to speak to your unit Readiness NCO. It may be difficult to re-class, but it's not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                You sure like to capitalize the right words lol
                once the sham shield came up, all capitalization rules went out the window. hahaha

Comment

Here in New Hampshire if you want to change your MOS you contact a unit in need f a certain job and ask to be transferred into it. Then they send you to be reclassed. We have a few soldiers in my unit who went from MP to signal or cook to fill a slot and get thier E-5 because as MP there were no slots available.

Comment

Working...
                  X