X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder School

I've been very fortunate to receive a slot for Pathfinder School at Fort Benning. There's not much information online, compared to Air Assault or Airborne. I have downloaded all the information currently on the Ft. Benning website.

Has anyone gone through, and had any pointers? I've searched the forums, but it's most how to GET INTO the school, nothing much about the actual course itself. I have heard Air Assault instructors failed it multiple times, and that it is a "mind smoker" with exams every other day. I'll be in school mode already, since this is my senior year in college.

Thanks a ton, just want to set myself up for success.

Re: Pathfinder School

13F, I just finished Pathfinder this past December.

Pathfinder is indeed a mind smoker, but its all doable. Heres what I suggest if you want to study up beforehand. Check out the Pathfinder Section under the MCOE on The Fort Benning Website. https://www.benning.army.mil/infantr...ngStudent.html I assume you might have already done this. But I figured id still share for anyone else out there. BTW, the Air Assault Instructor I attended passed with flying colors.

Also If you want to prepare, the Instructors do some great sling load inspection videos. The Sling Loads at Pathfinder are alot crazier than Air Assault School. It is the primary factor in attrition (in my opinion) Memorize ALL of the deficiencies word for word AS EARLY as possible. You will be required to write them out correctly during your precious inspection time. The only other major hurdle is the DZ portion. There is alot of numbers and some math involved. However I wouldn't worry about that untill you pass sling loads. Like most other Army Schools Pathfinder gives you everything you need to pass. Go to all the study halls and seek out help from instructors if you need it. They are awesome, professional and intelligent.

Comment

If anyone is heading to the school, what ssumera said above is correct.

I graduate Friday morning, if anyone has any questions or comments about the school- post them here and I'll be glad to answer (I'm at the active duty school at Fort Benning)

Comment

Can you provide the link to download information please?

Yes, the exams are very intense and you need to have an excellent grasp of math. But I know three 101st comrades that served with me that passed it. I been trying to get it but being a Warrant now; keeps me out of the running.

Comment

Originally posted by ssummera View Post
          13F, I just finished Pathfinder this past December.

Pathfinder is indeed a mind smoker, but its all doable. Heres what I suggest if you want to study up beforehand. Check out the Pathfinder Section under the MCOE on The Fort Benning Website. https://www.benning.army.mil/infantr...ngStudent.html I assume you might have already done this. But I figured id still share for anyone else out there. BTW, the Air Assault Instructor I attended passed with flying colors.

Also If you want to prepare, the Instructors do some great sling load inspection videos. The Sling Loads at Pathfinder are alot crazier than Air Assault School. It is the primary factor in attrition (in my opinion) Memorize ALL of the deficiencies word for word AS EARLY as possible. You will be required to write them out correctly during your precious inspection time. The only other major hurdle is the DZ portion. There is alot of numbers and some math involved. However I wouldn't worry about that untill you pass sling loads. Like most other Army Schools Pathfinder gives you everything you need to pass. Go to all the study halls and seek out help from instructors if you need it. They are awesome, professional and intelligent.
          Oh, just saw this link. Thank you.

Course Prerequisites:
          a. Active Army, Reserve, or National Guard Officers (O-1 / 2LT - O-3 / CPT) assigned to or enroute to a billet requiring Pathfinder skills. Officer Branches: IN, AR, EN, FA, AV, QM, LG, TC, SF.

b. Active Army, Reserve, or National Guard Enlisted personnel (E-4 / SPC - E-8 / MSG) assigned to or enroute to a billet requiring Pathfinder skills. Enlisted MOS: 11B, 11C, 11Z, 12B, 13F, 15Q, 18B, 18C, 18D, 18E, 18F, 19D, 68W, 88M, 92R, 92Y.

c. Must have passed a valid physical within five years, Physicals for airborne qualified personnel must indicate, "cleared to participate in airborne operations".

d. Have a minimum profile serial of 111121 and no speech impediment.

e. Applicants must have one-year service remaining on active duty upon completion of the course.

f. Enlisted Students must possess a GT Score of 110 or higher.

g. All waivers to the above, must be routed from the first O-5 Commander or equivalent thru the Commander, 1-507th Parachute Infantry Regiment to Commander, 199th Infantry Brigade. All waivers must be received thirty (30) days prior to the start of the course.

Yes, I have to put in a waiver since I am SC.

Comment

Working...
          X