Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flagged...with NO counseling, statement beforehand?

OK...desite some emotional/mental issues the past couple of years (which...I've turned the corner), I've never failed a PT test...up until last drill.

BUT....I was told by my Plt. Sgt., that my RECORDED PT test that was held in March would stand and the one we had last month was a diagnositc. Honestly, nobody should fail a PT test, unless there are medical reasons. I passed my pushups and sit ups portions, of course. But the run, I missed by 18 seconds. I expalined why, having cuts on my feet from my civilian job (dishwasher....always wet) and being in counseling the past 4 months kind of stirs things up and took some motivation out of me.

I"m not making excuses, I'm just giving the situation.

However....the fact remains, that I was told it WAS a diagnostic. So, no worries right? I watched the others sign their counseling statements for failing..which, I was never called to do.

Then, just now, I find out there is a DD 268 in my Iperms....I'm flagged for failing my diagnostic PT test. Granted, we go to AT in a week and we'll have another shot.....but....how can I be flagged without being counseled on the matter?

Re: Flagged...with NO counseling, statement beforehand?

You meant DA not DD. Are you a squad leader? Take it up the chain.

Comment

Nope...not a squad leader.

Comment

The commander can flag you for an APFT failure without being counseled. The counseling would be important if he was trying to chapter you out.

Comment

You don't need a developmental counselling. Your failure alone mandates the flag. Honestly, it will make you happier in the long run just to retake it and stop driving yourself batty over it.

Comment

Fair enough......I'm going to pass the next one, during AT anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by eslguy76 View Post
              Fair enough......I'm going to pass the next one, during AT anyway.
              Living well is the best revenge.

Comment

Good to see a positive reactive attitude for a change around here. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Well, as I said...I've turned the corner in a positive direction. Yeah, I think it is a bit dodgy that I was told one thing from leadership and a different action was taken.

But...it is what it is and I'm going to rub it in their faces by passing...AGAIN.

Comment

Working...
                  X