X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing my MOS

Hi I'm enlisted in the CAARNG my MOS is 12B and I was wondering what I would need to do to change my mos to 53M when I report to my unit? Since it's an Engineer unit I know for sure they have no 53 M slots so would I have to change to a different unit? and is the process complicated and long like everything else in the military lol?

Re: Changing my MOS

Originally posted by Tyrell Turner View Post
    Hi I'm enlisted in the CAARNG my MOS is 12B and I was wondering what I would need to do to change my mos to 53M when I report to my unit? Since it's an Engineer unit I know for sure they have no 53 M slots so would I have to change to a different unit? and is the process complicated and long like everything else in the military lol?
    What in the flip kip is a 53M?

Comment

Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information available with just a few key strokes. If you look in the upper right hand corner of the web page you will see a search bar. I am pointing this out to you because this exact question has been asked many times on this forum, and it has been answered many times on this forum.

That being said, I'm feeling kind of nice today.

Enjoy being a 12B. If you are in a Sapper company it can be pretty fun. The Army is not in the business of changing a soldiers MOS because they regret their initial decision. If you wanted to be a 53M then you should have enlisted as a 53M. Each state has a set budget each year set aside for schooling. Spending money to train you in one MOS then turn around and give you another is very, very unlikely.

Is it possible for you to change your MOS? Yes. Many soldiers have done so including myself. However, there typically needs to be a very legitimate reason to reclass. This usually boils down to either an extreme hardship imposed on the soldier or the unit and MOS that soldier has is being deactivated. In my case my state deactivated all field artillery and I was forced to find a new MOS since there would be no more 13E's in the entire state.

Comment

I really wanted to enlist as a 25S (Satellite Systems Operator/Maintainer) but the budget wasn't there for the school because it's so long (27 weeks + an optional 18 for TAC) so I took the closest thing I could in 25U (still not sure what we do as 25Us) and I'm hoping to re-class in the future to get more specialized technical knowledge.

Comment

Woops @ Texas I meant 56M Chaplain Assistant

Comment

@Sgt. okay thank you I appreciate the response . I'll use the search bar next time.

Comment

Working...
            X