X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of units deploying?

My unit is scheduled for deployment but I was told last drill there is going to be no slots for cooks. Now there are 3 of us who wanted to deploy but will not be as of now. Is there a site out there that will tell you what units are going so you can contact them and see if they need your MOS? I have tried Guard Knowledge Online but the site never seems to be up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: List of units deploying?

https://mobcop.army.mil/tod/Default_new.aspx# is probably the closest.

Otherwise, watching the news, reading things like the Army Times and making phone calls are your best bets. OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC.

Comment

Thank you. Looks like no one wants cooks.

Comment

No one needs cooks. It's all contracted out (waste of money).

If you like cooking, I have a kitchen...

Comment

I do like cooking but I had a 12 year break in service and the unit I wanted into needed a cook and I wanted my E5 back so I took it. If I had known I would not be able to deploy with them I never would have taken it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
            I do like cooking but I had a 12 year break in service and the unit I wanted into needed a cook and I wanted my E5 back so I took it. If I had known I would not be able to deploy with them I never would have taken it.
            So, are you MOS Q'd for another MOS previously? Can you re-class? A long shot, I know, but perhaps an option; especially if you're not particularly needed. I knew a lot of cooks that were attached to supply units and deployed with the 92Y's.

Comment

same here except im an analyst, i tried the website they provided below but for some reason it wont let me access it.

Comment

Yes, I get the same problem for https://mobcop.army.mil/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
                  My unit is scheduled for deployment but I was told last drill there is going to be no slots for cooks. Now there are 3 of us who wanted to deploy but will not be as of now. Is there a site out there that will tell you what units are going so you can contact them and see if they need your MOS? I have tried Guard Knowledge Online but the site never seems to be up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                  GKO is AKO's little brother - just with a more severe case of Down's Syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                  X