X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a ticket after swearing in

i swore in like a week ago, what happens if i get a ticket for something?

Re: Getting a ticket after swearing in

just dont get a ticket. I havent had one in 14 years and it was for parking.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      just dont get a ticket. I havent had one in 14 years and it was for parking.
      But what happens if i get one?

Comment

I'm no legal expert, but the situation depends on what the ticket was issued for. Either way, avoid the hassle, and bring it up with your recruiter. I do like the advice "just don't get a ticket".

I haven't received a ticket in my 12 years of driving... knock on wood.

Comment

I received 4 tickets between swearing in and shipping. (2 for speeding, broken tail light and driving with only a learner's permit.) I didn't do anything about it.

Comment

When driving make sure to watch your surroundings because they can get you from anyway they can.

Comment

[QUOTE=o13starsnstripes;161336]When driving make sure to watch your surroundings because they can get you from anyway they can.[/QUOT

An ex girlfriend of mine had something happen to her house last night and of course she thinks i did it and now the police want to get me with vandalism or destruction of property, they have video and they said the person looks like me....just my luck!

Comment

[QUOTE=Bcutberth;161351]
                Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                When driving make sure to watch your surroundings because they can get you from anyway they can.[/QUOT

An ex girlfriend of mine had something happen to her house last night and of course she thinks i did it and now the police want to get me with vandalism or destruction of property, they have video and they said the person looks like me....just my luck!
                Whether you did it or not, whether you love her or not, whether it's fair or not, even if you know who did it listen to this next sentence with perfection .......

"keep your mouth shut"

If they had enough on you an arrest would have already happened. By talking, you can only divulge something they want to hear. There is nothing you can say to help...it will only hurt.

Comment

[QUOTE=ParalegalNCO1;161352]
                  Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post

Whether you did it or not, whether you love her or not, whether it's fair or not, even if you know who did it listen to this next sentence with perfection .......

"keep your mouth shut"

If they had enough on you an arrest would have already happened. By talking, you can only divulge something they want to hear. There is nothing you can say to help...it will only hurt.
                  I will keep my mouth shut for sure. But even though there may be proof they can to anything to me.Right?

Comment

I'm no expert on the matter, but what my recruiter has told me several times is, "If you get jammed up, call me. If you get a ticket or in any legal trouble, let me know ASAP". So that's what I suggest you do if you haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                      I received 4 tickets between swearing in and shipping. (2 for speeding, broken tail light and driving with only a learner's permit.) I didn't do anything about it.
                      Times have changed...that wouldnt fly today

Comment

Originally posted by Bcutberth View Post
                        I will keep my mouth shut for sure. But even though there may be proof they can to anything to me.Right?
                        DO NOT KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!! If it wasn't you, then you have nothing to worry about. If they bring you up on charges and you have a pending court date when your ship date comes, you will NOT ship. All legal issues MUST be resolved before shipping. You need to bring your RSP in the loop on this ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                          Times have changed...that wouldnt fly today
                          I should have also mentioned there was an entire 15 months between swearing in and shipping. But can you enlighten me (and anyone else reading) anyway? These were minor traffic violations that were paid for. My driver's ed teacher didn't even find out about these.
                          Last edited by SteveLord; July 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM.

Comment

As long as they are paid for before shipping, you would still be fine. It's the concealing them that becomes an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post

"keep your mouth shut"

+1.

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                              DO NOT KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!! If it wasn't you, then you have nothing to worry about. If they bring you up on charges and you have a pending court date when your ship date comes, you will NOT ship. All legal issues MUST be resolved before shipping. You need to bring your RSP in the loop on this ASAP.
                              You're even "technically" right when it comes being away on Title 32 (training). Some (many?) active duty Army Schools will require you to report any legal issues (such as tickets) to your chain of command. However, no one bothered to report minor traffic violations/tickets. If the nature of the violation does not require a court appearance, I would not even bother telling my chain of command because the only thing that could come from doing so is some mandatory traffic course.

Comment

Working...
                              X