Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Another DD214 Question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another DD214 Question

    Basically I can't find my member 4 and I need it for school.

    I have my member 2 and have logged into and found copies of my member 2 there as well. I haven't tried looking on I-Perms but HRCapps is supposed to provide the same documents as I-Perms so I don't expect anything there.

    So here are my questions:

    1.) I just finished AT, would it be possible to request a dd214 member 4 from my unit directly?

    2.) Can I take my member 2 to a military base, (I'm in CA), Los Alamitos or maybe LAAFB and ask for my member 4 there?

    3.) When I returned a year and a half ago from my mos school I had to go to my Recruit sustainment location and provide them with a member 4..... any chance they might still have it?

    4.) I transferred units once, will either my old or current unit have a copy of my member 4?

    5.) If none of the above will render me a copy, what is another/fastest way? Time is important, I read online it can take 90-180 days from some website, that is just a ridiculous amount of time in my mind.

    on a similiar topic,

    How can I get my dd214 member 2 to be a "certified" copy?

    Thanks for you help!!!!
    Last edited by VaLLideX; May 29th, 2012, 01:37 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Another DD214 Question

    Contacting your RNCO in your unit is a great place to start. They will have access to IPERMS and can tell you where you would need to go to get a Member 4 copy of your DD214 if it's not in there.

    Good luck! Let us know how things work out.


    • #3
      Re: Another DD214 Question

      Have you ever served on active duty outside of basic and AIT to receive a DD-214? If you currently in the Guard, why would your school need one? Call your S1