X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Career

For my future I want to become a pilot, unfortunately to my knowledge you have to go through ROTC or have a bachelors degree to become a pilot in the military. What would be a good mos to start off in to help in becoming a civilian pilot or maybe even a future army pilot?

The perfect candidate to become a Warrant Officer is someone who has 5-8 years of recent prior service experience and has been promoted to the rank of E-5. Possess a high degree of specialization and experience in a particular career field (MOS) for Technical Warrant Officers. Aviation Warrant Officers are unique in that there is no rank or MOS requirement, but Aviation Warrant must show they have the ability to perform the complex and demanding duties of the cockpit. To be an Army aviator requires that a person have special abilities, high motivation, good coordination, leadership skills, and be in excellent physical condition. These are all evaluated through the selection process by applicants taking the Selection Instrument for Flight Training Test (SIFT), the Class 1 Flight Physical, and Commander’s Interview/Evaluation Board.

The Army Warrant Officer Corps comprises a very small percentage of the total Army Force. Although small in size, the level of responsibility is immense and only the very best will be selected to become Warrant Officers. Warrant officers are expected to provide quality advice, counsel, and solutions to support their unit or organization. They operate, maintain, administer, and manage the Army‘s equipment, support activities, and technical systems. Their extensive professional experience and technical knowledge qualifies warrant officers as invaluable role models and mentors for junior officers and NCOs.

To apply for an Aviation Warrant Officer position in the Army National Guard you usually must be a current Army National Guard member with at least one year service, policy varies for each state based on their current needs.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; February 13th, 2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kent Jensen View Post
      For my future I want to become a pilot, unfortunately to my knowledge you have to go through ROTC or have a bachelors degree to become a pilot in the military. What would be a good mos to start off in to help in becoming a civilian pilot or maybe even a future army pilot?
      You do not have to attend OCS or ROTC to become an Army aviator, unless you want to apply as a commissioned officer. As an enlisted soldier you can apply for Aviation Warrant Officer/flight training once you meet your state's requirements. From your IP Address I'm assuming you are processing with Illinois.

IL ARNG Aviation Warrant requirements page: http://www.il.ngb.army.mil/osm/aviation.aspx
      The only correction that needs to me made to the requirements is for the flight aptitude test, which is no longer the AFAST. It is now the Selection Instrument for Flight Training Test (SIFT) and you must score no less than 40.

When it comes to recommended MOSs to eventually apply for Aviation Warrant, normally any aviation related fields (15 series) are good choices.
      Last edited by SF Hunter; February 13th, 2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X