Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Army National Guard have SRT?

I am looking into the CT Army National Guard as a 31 Bravo Military Police after OCS ( I am a college grad with two degrees). I am interested in going into tactical work and was wondering if there is a Special Reaction Team School available in the ANG? If there is not one in CT, which states offer SRT?

You do realize that branching your first out of OCS really isn't up to you? There is an OML and you branch based on needs of the Army. If there are 5x 31 slots available and 14 new LTs want it, 9 new LTs are going to get their hearts broken.

If you really want to do something like SRT, SF and what not, stay enlisted. Those are the guys who do the trigger-pulling and cool-joe stuff.

Comment

There are no SRT teams/units in the Army National Guard. That is strictly an active duty Army need on Army posts. I can also tell you from personal experience working with some SRT, they are not too impressive.

Also, like TxIntel stated. If specific skill sets is what you are wanting to pursue with the military. Enlisted is the best path, because the officers are the managers/supervisors not the trigger-pullers so-to-speak. The exceptions to that rule/statement are for Special Forces Officers (18A), but there is a limit to them as well.
      Last edited by SF Hunter; November 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X