X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19delta

I'm planning on joining the national guard very soon. And want to have an mos where I can almost for sure go over seas , and I just want information of any kind on the 19 delta or some other mos I can do that is close to special forces. Any info would help thanks

Re: 19delta

I'm sure SF Hunter will chime in, but there is no MOS that is "close to Special Forces" either you are Special Forces, or you're not. There are combat MOSs yes, but none that compare to in the training, commitment, and scope/scale of operations that SF Units undertake.

Also deployments are pretty much scaling down at the moment, remember the President wants us out of Afghanistan in 2014. It's getting ready to be October. By the time you join, and goto Basic and AIT it will probably Spring/Summer of 2014. Your chances once you get to your unit would be slim.

To answer your questions about Cav Scouts:
    The Cavalry Scout is the commander's eyes and ears on the battlefield. When information about the enemy is needed, they call on the Scouts. Cavalry Scouts engage the enemy with anti-armor weapons and scout vehicles in the field, track and report enemy movement and activities, and will direct the employment of various weapon systems onto the enemy.

Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:

Performs duties as crewmember, operates, and performs operator maintenance on scout vehicles. Armored Airborne Reconnaissance Vehicle, and Cavalry Fighting Vehicle, crew-served weapons, and communications equipment. Loads, clears, and fires individual and crew-served weapons. Operates and performs operator maintenance on wheeled vehicles. Assists in the recovery of wheeled and tracked vehicles. Secures, prepares, and stows ammunition on scout vehicles. Performs mounted and dismounted navigation. Serves as member of observation and listening post. Gathers and reports information on terrain features and enemy strength, disposition and equipment. Applies principles of except and evasion. Collects data for the classification of routes, fords, tunnels, and bridges. Performs dismounted patrols Employs principles of cover and concealment and camouflage. Assists with construction of light field fortifications, laying and removal of mines, and emplacing demolitions. Performs dismounted patrols. Requests and adjusts indirect fire.

Supervises scout vehicle crew, cavalry fighting vehicle crew, and M551A1 crew. Supervises operator maintenance of tracked and wheeled scout vehicles and individual and crew-served weapons. Selects, organizes, and supervises scout vehicle recovery operations. Trains scout vehicle crew. Supervises request, receipt, storage, and issue of ammunition. Leads scout vehicle crew and assists in leading scout squad. Serves as gunner, on CFV, ITV, TOW jeep, HMMWV, and M551A1.

Comment

Originally posted by Syotosfubar View Post
      I just want information of any kind on the 19 delta or some other mos I can do that is close to special forces.
      Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
      but there is no MOS that is "close to Special Forces" either you are Special Forces, or you're not.
      Ditto +1

Choose any MOS you want to do for the next several years. But, it is highly encouraged to choose a combat arms related MOS, if you are eventually wanting to apply for Special Forces in the future. It will give you a better tactical background than other types of MOSs.
      Last edited by SF Hunter; September 24th, 2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

If you want to go overseas, then go Active Duty. While we, as in the NG, do deploy with our A/D counterparts, that is arguably, not our primary mission.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
          If you want to go overseas, then go Active Duty. While we, as in the NG, do deploy with our A/D counterparts, that is arguably, not our primary mission.
          Another question is can u go from ng to strait army? Also I was told u can't do special forces if u join ng?

Comment

Another question is can u go from ng to strait army? Also I was told u can't do special forces if u join ng?
            Who told you that?? The Army National Guard has Special Forces. Please see here: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...Special-Forces
            Last edited by SF Hunter; September 24th, 2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

What should be my mos if I wanted to do special forces?

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
                Choose any MOS you want to do for the next several years. But, it is highly encouraged to choose a combat arms related MOS, if you are eventually wanting to apply for Special Forces in the future. It will give you a better tactical background than other types of MOSs.
                What should be my mos if I wanted to do special forces?
                See above quote.

Comment

Would I make a good candidate ? I'm 17 weigh 115lbs ,5ft7in, very athletic ,already have a lot of experiences on m16s,and shooting far distances. P.s. My father is signing the stuff so I can join while 17 and I have a GED diploma
                  Last edited by Syotosfubar; September 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

SF Hunter will correct me if I'm wrong but I think you need 30 college credits now or a Tier II waiver. You also need to score very well on the ASVAB; I believe a score of 50 or higher with a GED.

If you're 17 and weigh 115lbs you are SEVERELY in need of some fattening up. I don't think I've met a single SF guy who wasn't at LEAST 180lbs. If you ask me, go to McDonald's for the next month.(Don't really do that).

Comment

Lol Yeah I'm a smaller guy and my best friend is 6ft 3. Thanks for the help. I think my mos will probly be 19 delta. My dad was this and was the same weight and size and said the experience is awesome.

Comment

You need to gain some weight though before you can get in. The minimum requirements are 121 for your age and height, so start lifting weights and develop some muscle.

Comment

Lol Yeah I'm a smaller guy and my best friend is 6ft 3. Thanks for the help. I think my mos will probly be 19 delta. My dad was this and was the same weight and size and said the experience is awesome.
                          That is a good choice. Be the best 19D you can be. Take any and all training opportunities that are presented and available to you through your assigned unit. Once you meet the requirements for SF, you can apply/try-out. http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...s-Requirements

Best of luck to you!

Comment

Thanks a lot. And I will be the best I can be.

Comment

Working...
                            X