Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AGR 92Y

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
    TreyAR, keep in mind the majority of those who post in these threads have never worked or will work in law enforcement. You want actual experience with this degree or applying to LE jobs, go to a forum that deals soley with LE positions.
    TreAR, Also keep in mind that the majority of people that do work in law enforcement, if they even have a college degree, have a degree in something other than criminal justice. Which is the main reason it reasults in being a useless piece of paper. And, I have worked in law enforcement.

7 out of 10 LE jobs require no college, and the remaining 2 out of 3 want something other than CJ. Especially in the federal sector. The number 1 most important thing to getting the LE job you want is passing the agencies background requirements.
    Last edited by realitycheck; August 8th, 2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

What would you all recommend someone to do to pursue a LE/state patrol job? Different degree, random security jobs? Besides AD, supply, I've always had an interest in Law enforcement. I would just like to know my direction once I've completed HS. Thanks.

Comment

As an AGR 92Y, I'm really not sure what is compelling you to do supply...

I just kind of ran in to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
          As an AGR 92Y, I'm really not sure what is compelling you to do supply...

I just kind of ran in to it.
          Well I guess after further research and info, the type of work they do is not what I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyAR View Post
            Well I guess after further research and info, the type of work they do is not what I thought.
            Don't get me wrong. When I get out, I'll be over qualified for a lot of jobs. However, I work my ass off to get them with very little (if any) recognition.

Weaponry, COMSEC, NBC, Food Service, Local Purchasing, Fuel, Reconciliations of mass requisitions, load plans for emergency movements (not "my" job, but you know it is), Clothing and Equipment upkeep, Physical Security, Change of Commands, Inventories, Convoys, Maintenance upkeep (services, etc), and most importantly, Reset from deployment.

But that's really only half our job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
              Don't get me wrong. When I get out, I'll be over qualified for a lot of jobs. However, I work my ass off to get them with very little (if any) recognition.

Weaponry, COMSEC, NBC, Food Service, Local Purchasing, Fuel, Reconciliations of mass requisitions, load plans for emergency movements (not "my" job, but you know it is), Clothing and Equipment upkeep, Physical Security, Change of Commands, Inventories, Convoys, Maintenance upkeep (services, etc), and most importantly, Reset from deployment.

But that's really only half our job.
              And...not properly clearing my clothing record, like...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
                + Infinity times Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
                  Did you turn in all your stuff?

Was there a DD 362 or DD 200 initiated?

Did you receive a receipt?

Did you contact your supply sergeant?

It's never always the Supply Sergeants fault (though, if something goes wrong with equipment or clothing, it "is"). My favorite is when the soldier goes AWOL and I have to do tons and tons of paper and waste literally hours out of multiple days just to charge him $1,600. CIF-ISM links with ARCAS and other S1 type stamis systems. If you're f'd on their end, you're f'd on our end (NEVER the other way around). Also, if the CIF PBO doesn't do his job, you're screwed. That being said, there ARE some bad apples.

Maybe he didn't like you.

Comment

and to understand and know PBUSE and stop BOTHERING the SASMO!

Comment

Working...
                    X