X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19D/19K Drill

What do 19D/19K units tend to cover during a typical drill weekend in CA? Do they tend to leave the armory and do field training each drill? Also, I will be starting drill sometime this fall as an SMP Cadet... As part of my GRFD scholarship, my recruiter informed me that I was unable to attend BCT or AIT. Does anyone have some advice for me before I start drilling? I'm eager to make a good first impression.

Re: 19D/19K Drill

Each unit handles their SMP Cadet's differently, so I'm not sure what to tell you. Most of the time frowm what I've seen, you're out of the way of the main body, or stuck with the Supply Sgt or the Mess Sgt doing their bidding. If you want to be more involved however, I would inform your Chain of Command and they may or may not oblige you.

Comment

Re: 19D/19K Drill

I pair up my cadets with my PLs and give the PLs explicit instructions to keep the cadets looped in on planning, training meetings, admin, etc. I also make my cadets call in and/or show up to leader's huddles and training meetings. They are the next crop of LTs that will be coming through and I try to treat them that way. However, your commander may not have the same view of cadets.

Comment

Working...
      X