X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard Health o

I'm a high school student and I'm very Interested in joining the Guard. My interests are
    In the medical field, I would love to be able to take care of and help
    Then men that sacrifice and do so much for me and our country. But I have little to no knowledge about the national guard medics? Would I still have to go to basic training? Would the guard pay for all my schooling? Are only certain doctors needed in the guard? What would I do for my 2 weeks and one weekend a year? Would I be deployed? Would I be away from my family a lot? I've caught fire with a dream of being part of the National Guard but I have so many questions! Could someone help me out?

Re: National Guard Health o

But I have little to no knowledge about the national guard medics? Google MOS 68W and start there...
    Would I still have to go to basic training? Yes. All new soldiers go to BCT followed by AIT. In your case, your AIT for 68W would be at Ft Sam Houston in Texas
    Would the guard pay for all my schooling? They will pay for all of your military schooling and room/board while you are at BCT and AIT. Beyond that, each state has its own education benefits in conjunction with federal benefits
    Are only certain doctors needed in the guard? I do not know this. Hopefully one of the site docs will chime in.
    What would I do for my 2 weeks and one weekend a year? Unit dependent. In my BN, the medics run the PHA and do medic stuff during AT
    Would I be deployed? UNK. I would plan on it though.
    Would I be away from my family a lot? When deployed, you will definitely be away from your family. No one can answer how often or where though... We aren't issued crystal balls anymore.
    I've caught fire with a dream of being part of the National Guard but I have so many questions! Katniss would be proud.
    Could someone help me out? Just did...

Comment

MOS

As I research different guard jobs the MOS pops up every time. What is the MOS? Does it tell you the job you have to have?

Comment

Thanks for the insight! What is the AIT for 68w?

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/68W

Everything you ever wanted to know about 68W and more...

Comment

Re: MOS

MOS = Military Occupational Specialty.

For you, MOS 68W is combat medic... For all else, go here - http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis...listedjobs.htm

Comment

Re: MOS

wow thankyou for the links! but another quick question, how does obamacare affect the health officers? from what ive researched im starting to find out that it would be wise not to get into that obamacare mess...

Comment

Working...
              X