X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misinformation about AIT training

I recently enlisted in June and took 15W as my MOS with the understand that AIT was 23 weeks. However, on my contract it says 34 weeks of AIT. Because of my situation as a parent and student I am looking to re-class my MOS to 35M. My question to whoever may be able to answer is if anyone knows if the misinformation I received about my AIT time is normal (my recruiter still has 23 weeks in his paperwork) and if anyone knows the correct amount of time for AIT for 35M? the information I have is 18 weeks of AIT. Any clarification, insight, tips on this issue would be much appreciated

Re: Misinformation about AIT training

35M Training is 18 weeks, 3 days. So you might as well plan on 19 weeks.
    That is not counting foreign language training, that may be required for your job. If the MOS is coded for a language, then most likely your unit will schedule your language training after AIT.

Comment

About how long is Language Training generally?

Comment

Language training length all depends on the language and level of experience you may already have, if any, in that selected language. You are looking at anywhere from as little as 18 weeks to as long as 64 weeks.

Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC)
        http://www.dliflc.edu/index.html
        Last edited by SF Hunter; June 28th, 2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the information SF Hunter. Is the language selected for me based on the needs of the Army or do I select the language.

Comment

Originally posted by mama.marie.ng View Post
            Thank you for the information SF Hunter. Is the language selected for me based on the needs of the Army or do I select the language.
            It will based on the language coded to that position/MOS and a aptitude test score (Defense Language Aptitude Battery [DLAB]), that you may have to take as part of enlisting for that MOS.

Comment

Working...
            X