X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74D question

after AIT i'll be assigned to a chemical unit/company.. am I considered 'active'? Please someone explain to me on how to be 'active' in the NG.. Thanks a bunch..

Re: 74D question

Originally posted by Fao Lafini View Post
    after AIT i'll be assigned to a chemical unit/company.. am I considered 'active'? Please someone explain to me on how to be 'active' in the NG.. Thanks a bunch..
    No, you will not be considered active. Active is when someone is serving on full-time status on a daily basis. Active in the NG is usually on AGR status or activated for a contingency or during the two-weeks annual training.

I was Guard for many years but now I am in the US Army on active duty stationed in Colorado; meaning the Army is my full-time job. But I have three-days off now and return on Monday lol. Feels good to be relaxing on a Friday and in bed.

Comment

You need to be in your unit for a while and wait on an AGR slot to open up. Don't expect to get the opportunity for a long, long time. NG is typically not-active, by definition.

Comment

Aside from the monthly training drills and the annual training drills, the unit you are assigned to don't have other things to do?? Guyz, based on your experience in the NG, is there anything else to do aside from drills?

Comment

Aside from the monthly training drills and the annual training drills, the unit you are assigned to don't have other things to do?? Guyz, based on your experience in the NG, is there anything else to do aside from drills?
          There's plenty to do, the issue is whether there's any money to pay people to do it.

Comment

Working...
          X