Advanced Individual Training: 34 Weeks, For Lee, VA
Operates, performs, and supervises unit, direct support, and general support (DS/GS) level maintenance on the Base Shop Test Facility (BSTF), AN/TSM–191. Performs DS/ GS level electronic maintenance, adjustments, tests, fault isolation, and repairs of supported system line replaceable units (LRU), shop replaceable units (SRU), and test program sets (TPS). Operates and performs preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on assigned vehicles and power generators.
· Performs march order and emplacement of the BSTF, installs supported weapon system test program sets, initiates unit under test (UUT) procedures, isolates UUT/BSTF printed circuit board or component malfunctions, replaces defective parts/components and performs UUT/BSTF alignments and adjustments
· Supervises lower rank soldiers and provides technical guidance to the soldiers in the accomplishment of their duties. Installs BSTF equipment modifications, prepares maintenance and supply forms and records, and provides technical assistance for corrective maintenance procedures.
· Recommends procedures for receipt, storage, inspection, testing, and repair of items. Organizes and conducts on the job training (OJT) programs. Demonstrates proper maintenance and troubleshooting techniques. Determines faulty work practices. Prepares maintenance reports
· Supervises calibration of system associated electronic equipment. Implements quality control measures. Performs as maintenance quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) inspector. Performs initial and final type checkouts and inspection of system items. Establishes and maintains maintenance records.
· Plans, coordinates, and supervises activities pertaining to training and technical operation of unit to which assigned. Interprets and supervises execution of policies and SOP. Develops and reviews correspondence relating to support activities. Provides liaison to supported staff and commands. Performs principal noncommissioned officer duties associated with SQI “M”
Click HERE to learn about more opportunities in the National Guard. You can chat with us at any time between 7:00 A.M-10:00 P.M. Central Standard Time or call us at 1-800-Go-Guard (1800-464-8273).