X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOS's that are in need

Hi all, I am enlisting in a few weeks and I have some questions.

My recruiter suggested Combat Engineer the first day we met, and I have looked into that MOS and I like what it is.

I'm just asking are there any better MOS's in need. Are Combat Engineers in need?

I took my ASVAB yesterday and scored high enough to where I can get any MOS other than 31s Satellite Communication Systems Operator - Maintainer EL:120 ( Scored 6 below got 114 on EL

Which doesn't sound too interesting anyways.
    I know some states get rid of certain MOS's so I live in Arizona and I know they got rid of a few bout a year ago.

Re: MOS's that are in need

18X - Demo.

Blow stuff up and get a long tab!

Comment

Originally posted by Craven View Post
      Hi all, I am enlisting in a few weeks and I have some questions.

My recruiter suggested Combat Engineer the first day we met, and I have looked into that MOS and I like what it is.

I'm just asking are there any better MOS's in need. Are Combat Engineers in need?

I took my ASVAB yesterday and scored high enough to where I can get any MOS other than 31s Satellite Communication Systems Operator - Maintainer EL:120 ( Scored 6 below got 114 on EL

Which doesn't sound too interesting anyways.
      I know some states get rid of certain MOS's so I live in Arizona and I know they got rid of a few bout a year ago.
      This varies by state and also by points in time, so there is no clear cut answer for you. Whatever slots your state has available at the time of your enlistment is what is in need.

Comment

Back when I was talking to a recruiter before I joined he told me the two that are always open and in demand are 11B and 88M. Other than that you'd have to ask a recruiter. Every state is different.

Call a recruiter and start talking to them. Don't let them try to push you in the MOS they want for you, take the ASVAB and ask for a list of open position that you qualify for. They can provide this for you.

Comment

92G........everybody needs a good cook.

Comment

I'd skip the thinking into part and choose Combat Engineer. Why did your recruiter recommend that? In all likelihood your state needs them. But it's also possible he saw potential for hard charging high speed military excellence. The latter is what I always tell myself. 12B, aside from deployment, has been a great experience for me. You'll get the shoot and move like the infantry and blow stuff up. If that's not enough to give you grins id recommend something outside the realm of combat arms mos'.

Comment

Working...
            X