Advanced Individual Training: 8 Weeks, Fort Eustis, VA
Cargo specialists help ensure Army forces receive supplies, weapons, equipment and mail — on a daily basis, all over the world. They are primarily responsible for transferring or supervising the transfer of passengers, cargo and equipment to and from air, land and water transport by manual and mechanical methods.
· Inspect, count and document cargo utilizing both manual and automated data processing systems
· Load and unload supplies and equipment from ships, docks, beaches, rail heads, boxcars, warehouses, motor vehicles and aircraft
· Operate and maintain all types and sizes of winches, cranes and forklifts
· Create load plans for air shipment and ocean liner vessels
· Operate ocean liner vessel equipment
Click HERE to learn about more opportunities in the National Guard. You can chat with us at any time between 7:00 A.M-10:00 P.M. Central Standard Time or call us at 1-800-Go-Guard (1800-464-8273).