X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA ANG Medical questions

Hello i currently began my recruitment process and would like to join the medical field as possibly a 68W or 68P. I am currently an undergrab in Biology and want to become a doctor someday, i feel the guard can give me great expirence in a stressful enviroment and help me pay for my degreee at the same time. I would like to complete 68W to get EMT-B cert, then complete my paramedics cert or go right for the MD. My ASVAB Scores put me in the 80 percentile which should qualify me for whatever MOS i choose but when i spoke to my recruiter he said its hard to get into any medical field for the California Guard and suggested that i think about other options like military police. Im looking for someone connected to CA guard to give me some insight on what my options are before i enlist.
    Last edited by James Trimble; May 9th, 2013, 03:59 AM.

Re: CA ANG Medical MOS questions

First: Why was this posted 3 times?

Second: If you really was to be a 68W hold out for a spot to open. A good recruiter will keep checking until one opens and call you as soon as it does. If he is trying to push you into what ever is open that very day, you might want to explain your career goals to him. Tell him that you want to serve but only as a medic. If you show that you are serious about enlisting as soon as a slot opens he wil probably keep an eye out for one.

My 68W slot took me waiting 3 months to get. It's the second largest MOS in the Army but it is very hard to get into in most states.

Comment

Originally posted by James Trimble View Post
      Hello i currently began my recruitment process and would like to join the medical field as possibly a 68W or 68P. I am currently an undergrab in Biology and want to become a doctor someday, i feel the guard can give me great expirence in a stressful enviroment and help me pay for my degreee at the same time. I would like to complete 68W to get EMT-B cert, then complete my paramedics cert or go right for the MD. My ASVAB Scores put me in the 80 percentile which should qualify me for whatever MOS i choose but when i spoke to my recruiter he said its hard to get into any medical field for the California Guard and suggested that i think about other options like military police. Im looking for someone connected to CA guard to give me some insight on what my options are before i enlist.
      Hold out for what you want, don't get pushed into what is available right at this moment.... that is an unfortunate but widely used tactic.

Comment

Sorry about the multiple post but idk how it happened, because there was only one last night when i went to bed. My internet sucks so that could be the case also if u can tell me how to delete them i will glady clean up the posts. Thanks for your reply guys, i have been wanting to serve for sometime and there are only a few jobs that interest me. I was looking into other MOS last night and the only ones i like besides 68W would have to be Spec Ops or Sniper school. I have a friend who went Army Airborne Ranger so i know what to expect and i enjoy pushing myself to the limits. Does anyone have any advice on these MOS? i dont know anything about the Availability of these jobs

Comment

Working...
        X